I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Civ4 AI Survivor Season Six

That's all she wrote for Game Five! Thanks to everyone who turned out on the Livestream today for our usual Friday livestream session, it was a lot of fun sharing the experience with you. Here's the big list of links as we continue with Season Six:

Main Season Six Webpage

Sullla Twitch Page

Sullla Discord Channel

Current Bracket and Standings

YouTube Playlist of Season Six AI Survivor Games

Civ4 AI Survivor Season Six: Leader Previews

AI Reference Guide from CivFanatics

Complete AI Survivor Archives

Next Game: Opening Round Game Six

Schedule: Scheduled for Friday, 18 June 2021 at Noon EST

Game Six Video Preview

Game Six Written Preview

Game Six Picking Contest Entry Form

Congratulations to Sir Colville of the Dale as the winner of Game Five's picking contest with 21 points. thumbsup Scoring was about average for this game at 7.51 points despite some real twists and turns in the match. We continue with our normal Friday schedule in *TWO* weeks for the next game. Six of the seven leaders in Game Six have a peace weight of 3 or lower - who do you have this time?
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

This wildcard game is looking increasingly interesting. It reminds me of Season Three's, with a bunch of warmongers and just enough peaceniks for them to get strong and fight over. Would also be nice to have a big one, instead of the normal-sized game of the last few years. 

Enjoy the week off, Sullla. smile
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

I always wondered why Bismark was so bad in early seasons. His AI fits the Survivor 'winning' personality pretty well: a builder, peaceful but not pacifistic, can declare at pleased, and all-in on the military which is literally his only tech-flavor. He's not even full blown high-peace weight so he can get along with people like Caesar or Justinian. His traits are slightly better than average in that both of them actually do something.

I used to think AI Survivor was about 80/20 reading the AI versus Map, where now I feel it's more like 20/80.

(June 5th, 2021, 09:36)Fluffball Wrote: I used to think AI Survivor was about 80/20 reading the AI versus Map, where now I feel it's more like 20/80.

Feels like that's the mistake I've been making the past few games.  Looking at the good starting spots and then thinking "yeah, but can you really trust that AI?"  And then they go on to win.
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Didn't he reseach Iron Working before The Wheel this game too? I'm not sure. I was distracted early on. Without glittery stuff near the capital that puts him out of contention immediatly. Also, any conclusion based on a sample size of 5 is worthless. mischief

The link to the Game 6 picking form appears to be broken.

(June 5th, 2021, 11:58)civac2 Wrote: Didn't he reseach Iron Working before The Wheel this game too? I'm not sure. I was distracted early on. Without glittery stuff near the capital that puts him out of contention immediatly. Also, any conclusion based on a sample size of 5 is worthless. mischief

I think so but the big difference here was that he had a plains gem tile to just help power him through all his bad decisions lol
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

(June 6th, 2021, 11:49)pindicator Wrote:
(June 5th, 2021, 11:58)civac2 Wrote: Didn't he reseach Iron Working before The Wheel this game too? I'm not sure. I was distracted early on. Without glittery stuff near the capital that puts him out of contention immediatly. Also, any conclusion based on a sample size of 5 is worthless. mischief

I think so but the big difference here was that he had a plains gem tile to just help power him through all his bad decisions lol

The gems tile certainly helped, but I think the biggest help was actually the huge river networking hooking up everything despite his road-avoidance. Otherwise, I think he crashes just like Qin a few games back.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

(June 3rd, 2021, 13:16)williams482 Wrote: Just an FYI, the video for game four did not make it into your Youtube playlist for the season.

bump

I'm finally out of my busy part of the month and catching up and also noticed this.

Thanks for doing this!

Bismarck isn't that bad, but he, like most other AI's in the AI Survivor conditions, suffers from being an Industrious wonderbuilder. His WonderConstructRand is only slightly on the higher side, but Industrious probably causes him to prioritize wonders more. In Season Three, he had an even better starting position than in the last game, with two gems, and he wasted it by building wonders instead of settlers.