Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Getting Started with Civ6

Wanna make a mod krill?

Fwiw all your and ruff's complaints are part of why I bounced off civ 6. The main reason though was just how bad the ai is.

I have no handle on the balance in civ6, and I have no coding ability, and I have no spare time frown

I don't even know what skills and language knowledge the modder would need to make the first few changes cry
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Hell, I don't think this community can really get Civ 6 into the air without pitboss.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

(October 23rd, 2021, 05:43)Old Harry Wrote: Wanna make a mod krill?

Fwiw all your and ruff's complaints are part of why I bounced off civ 6. The main reason though was just how bad the ai is.

Personally I last played Civ 6 in March. The bad AI isn't that much of a problem for me, mainly because I'm not that good of a player, but the masses of pointless busywork just killed any enjoyment the game was giving me. It has still got the broken mechainics of Civ5 as imposed by 1UPT, just the game is refined as much as possible within the broken system.

I'm sorry, but Civ is a dead franchise until they reincorporate stacking.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

(October 23rd, 2021, 18:31)Brian Shanahan Wrote: I'm sorry, but Civ is a dead franchise until they reincorporate stacking.
I'll agree with you 100%. The removal of stacking changed it from a strategic to tactical combat system.

I'm having more fun playing Civ2 for nostalgia, then I did trying Civ6. What I recall most is getting overloaded with to much going on.

(November 6th, 2021, 12:44)LKendter Wrote:
(October 23rd, 2021, 18:31)Brian Shanahan Wrote:   I'm sorry, but Civ is a dead franchise until they reincorporate stacking. 
I'll agree with you 100%.  The removal of stacking changed it from a strategic to tactical combat system. 

I'm having more fun playing Civ2 for nostalgia, then I did trying Civ6.  What I recall most is getting overloaded with to much going on.

I'm back with 4 myself, and even picked up 3 on GOG for a fiver about a year ago and give that a whirl. 2 was a bit before my time computers wise, just before we bought our first PC (which is where I got my Champ./Football Man. obsession), and I was still confined to the Mega Drive.
Travelling on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.