For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Next PB

Anyone down for a diplo pitboss without tech trading? (as trading bloc's just auto form anyway) Or anything potentially different? Team pitboss?
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

I might be interested once 59 and 60 are both over (or I am knocked out). But a diplo game feels like too much of a time commitment to have any simultaneous games.
Past Games: PB51  -  PB55  -  PB56  -  PB58 (Tarkeel's game)  - PB59  -  PB60  -  PB64  -  PB66  -  PB68 (Miguelito's game)     Current Games: None (for now...)

Same as Amicalola. I even wanted to start a diplo game, but then came PB59
Mods: RtR    CtH

Pitboss: PB39, PB40PB52, PB59 Useful Collections: Pickmethods, Mapmaking, Curious Civplayer

Buy me a coffee

I was actually thinking about a public-press diplo game: All diplomacy to be done in the form of public statements in a common thread. Not sure how that would go down though.
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

(July 17th, 2021, 00:19)Tarkeel Wrote: I was actually thinking about a public-press diplo game: All diplomacy to be done in the form of public statements in a common thread. Not sure how that would go down though.

[quote pid="730074" dateline="1588969961"]

Gavagai Wrote:Hi! I tried to be polite last time I wrote but it looks like my politeness was at the expense of clarity. Let me try once again: I'll burn to the ground any city you settle to the east of your Copper's city meridian. I hope, it removes any confusion you could possibly have.

[/quote]
"Superdeath seems to have acquired a rep for aggression somehow. [Image: noidea.gif] In this game that's going to help us because he's going to go to the negotiating table with twitchy eyes and slightly too wide a grin and terrify the neighbors into favorable border agreements, one-sided tech deals and staggered NAPs."
-Old Harry. PB48.

Ya no time for a dipo game (or any other for me atm), but no way diplo should be public, takes away the maneuvering and surprise. I would also recommend next time a diplo game happens that it have an odd number of players.

Yep, that was one of the statements that came to mind. I think it would be interesting to play a game like that, but it wouldn't be a "proper" diplo game
Playing: PB74
Played: PB58 - PB59 - PB62 - PB66 - PB67
Dedlurked: PB56 (Amicalola) - PB72 (Greenline)
Maps: PB60 - PB61 - PB63 - PB68 - PB70 - PB73 - PB76

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data