Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Which of these city locations is best?

Hi all,

I've started playing MoM again after several years away from the game. It's early in a game where I have Halflings, 8 Life books, Warlord, Alchemy. I want to eventually spam Slingers.

To build my 3rd and 4th cities in the game, I have three options:

Option 1: (low population, high production)
City 3: 19 max population, 36% production bonus, gold ore (+3 gold), silver ore (+2 gold)
City 4: 16 max population, 18% production bonus, gold ore (+3 gold), silver ore (+2 gold)

Option 2:
City 3: 19 max population, 36% production bonus, gold ore (+3 gold), silver ore (+2 gold)
City 4: 22 max population, 15% production bonus, gold ore (+3 gold)

Option 3: (high population, low production)
City 3: 28 max population, 20% production bonus, gold ore (+3 gold), gold ore (+3 gold)
City 4: 17 max population, 9% production bonus, silver ore (+2 gold)

Which option would you pick and why?
Creator and maintainer of the Master of Magic Random Game Generator (MRGG)

Never build cities. Certainly not 3 or 4. I'll sometimes build a city if I find a really good spot with Mithril or Adamantium, but otherwise no.

Generally, just conquer cities.

None of those cities you listed matter. All that matters is Mithril and Adamantium. Your starting city should be your best city of your race except cities that have Mithril or Adamantium.

Other than that fast growth is what matters. Of those, I suppose 2 is the best, but again, its irrelevant. 19 and 22 max pops will end up maxing out or close to it once you build everything anyway.

I generally can't stand Halflings anyway, at lest for a starting race. Mobility is too low.

Thanks. That is helpful. The 2nd city I built had Mithril. I need to build at least one more city on the shore to build a Ship Wright's Guild so I can get off my island.
Creator and maintainer of the Master of Magic Random Game Generator (MRGG)

(October 15th, 2022, 20:18)Tlaloc Wrote: Thanks. That is helpful. The 2nd city I built had Mithril. I need to build at least one more city on the shore to build a Ship Wright's Guild so I can get off my island.

Ahh, well that's a different matter. Yeah, in that situation you do need to. The way I play, if I had a starting location where I was trapped on a small island I would just re-start. Of course, I usually have some means to move over water, so that's not an issue. That the problem with White, nothing that really helps with movement over terrain. Blue has Island and Flight (plus other stuff), Red gives you flying summons that are usable, Green gives you Water Walking, Death gives Wraithform and flying summons. But with White, you really have no options. Angels aren't worth using and certainly don't come early enough.

That's why the best race for Life is Draconians.