For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Epic Forty-one: Balance of Power

I understand it would be honorable to capture a city to return it to its original owner. For example capture Tokyo from China to return it to Japan.

Quote:Originally posted by Sir Bugsy@May 31 2004, 01:34 PM
I understand it would be honorable to capture a city to return it to its original owner. For example capture Tokyo from China to return it to Japan.
Honorable yes, but prohibited in this game by the variant rule of no giving away cities. If it were allowed, simple military supremacy on the player's part would be sufficient to keep the Balance, since you could just reconquer any conquered city and give it back to its original owner.

Hi,

I just finished the game, and I have to say that it was one of the most fun Epics I had in a long time. Thanks Bihary for that! Finally, the F4 screen meant more than just whoring for techs. smile And trying to keep the balance gets rid of the "foregone conclusion" syndrome pretty well.

Looking forward to report day!

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Thanks should be redirected to Griselda and Charis who managed to refine my raw idea into a working scenario.

Bihary

Interesting game indeed. Plenty of unusual strategies, some of which I'm sure I didn't even think of. smile

Could someone tell me how the rival civ for UN voting is decided when one builds the UN and holds an election? Is it based on current game score? Or current power? Or something else?

Thanks.

To be eligible for an election, a civ must either:

- own the United Nations
- possess 25% or more of the world's population
- control 25% or more of the world's land area (excluding sea/ocean)

Any civ that meets any of these requirements is eligible. An election can have as many as four or five candidates.

If no civ other than the United Nations owner is eligible based on the above list, the second candidate in the election is the civ with the highest population.

nt