For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Epic Eight - Potluck - Signup Thread

EDIT: Signups are closed. Good luck to all our many participating players. smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the story...

[Image: rbciv-epic8-teaser2.gif]

...of a lovely lady. She was bringing up--

eek

Er, wait. Wrong soundtrack. lol

The most popular event from the annals of RBCiv history is back with a vengeance! dance

You MUST sign up in this thread to play Epic Eight! [Image: whipped.gif]

Sponsor: Sirian
Opening Date: Monday, August 28
Duration: Five Weeks

Difficulty: Monarch
Civilization: RANDOM
World Size: Standard
Opponents: Seven
Terrain: Pangaea, Natural Shoreline
Climate: Temperate
Rules: Standard
Victory: Any
Version: Core Game v161

Variant Rules: You may not declare war on any rival prior to 1000BC.

Scenario Goals: Play the hand you are dealt. nod

Scoring: None.

Special Rules: You MUST sign up in this thread to participate in this Epic. Why? Because you're going to have your civ assigned to you at random (by actual physical dice rolls) from these eight possible selections:

[Image: rbciv-epic8-teaser1.jpg]

Every civ will start in the same place in each player's game, but YOUR civ will be randomly assigned. I don't know who is going to sign up or in what order, and nobody is going to know which civs one another is playing. We're all playing the same map, though, with the civs in the same places, so that should make the discussions interesting when report time comes around.

To qualify, you must have a valid email address to which your start file may be sent directly by Griselda. If you wish the file to be sent somewhere other than to the email account you used to register to this forum, or if you have turned off receiving emails, you will need to supply, openly or in private, an address at which you can receive your start file. Files will -ONLY- be delivered by email, so comply or sit this one out.

To sign up, reply to this thread. ANY reply in this thread counts as a signup, so reserve your questions for the Info thread and please limit your signups to one per player. lol Thank you. smile

We encourage all our community members to jump in on Potluck. Whether you are the Gentle Adventure type, the Extreme Adventure type, or anything in between, this is the giant RBCiv melting pot. Don't be left out of the dance!

Signups will remain open until Monday, September 18, which is three weeks after the event begins, with two weeks left to go. If you haven't signed up by then, you'll miss your chance.

REMEMBER: No spoilers! You will not know which civ you are playing until you receive your start file by email. Anybody who reveals the civ they've received, directly or indirectly, prior to Closing Day, will be disqualified! eek Don't be the one who goes there. M'kay? lol

- Sirian
Fortune favors the bold.

NO WAY I'm going to miss this one! Sign me up! thumbsup
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star." Kong Fuzi
My English has to improve. A lot.

Hi,

yay, Potluck! Here's hoping this one will draw in a similarly high amount of players as the original Epic 8. hammer

Signing up, of course!

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Sirian Wrote:Here's the story...

...of a lovely lady. She was bringing up--

three very nasty girls. lol

Well certainly if they become civ leaders...

Sign me up as I am hoping war exhaustion isn't to bad from Epic6...

Great concept for a game. I've only tried a few of the RB Adventures, and I wasn't involved with the Civ3 Brady Bunch game, so how can I pass this up? I wouldn't be surprised if this attracts other newer players to the RB Epics. Thanks, Sirian.

Signing in and raring to go!

I am absolutely signing up to this one! thumbsup

Sign me up. This looks like fun!

Don't think my comp will handle the late game too well, but what the heck! wink
"We are open to all opinions as long as they are the same as ours."

Subscribing. Epic 8 was one of my all-time favorite games in Civ3. I don't think I'll be able to replicate my 990AD Domination win, but you never know! smile
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord