I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Mod Approval Process -- Bold Info Graph Lines

This mod increases the width of the lines on the F9 info graph screens, making them more bold and legible to stand out better. With the thin default lines, the color can be hard to pick out quickly, especially under JPEG compression as used for most game reports. I think this will be a plus for game reporting screenshots.

This is done by editing the single file CvInfoScreen.py (in Civ4\Assets\Python\Screens ) as follows, by adding the bolded lines here after the first line which is already present. Basically we draw a second line along with the first thin line, offset by one pixel. We can add a third line as well for a super bold line weight.

Quote:self.drawLine(screen, self.GRAPH_CANVAS_ID, oldX, oldY, x, y, color)
self.drawLine(screen, self.GRAPH_CANVAS_ID, oldX + 1, oldY + 1, x + 1, y + 1, color)
self.drawLine(screen, self.GRAPH_CANVAS_ID, oldX + 2, oldY + 2, x + 2, y + 2, color)

An example of the original when under high JPEG compression settings. You can see the problems with color contrast, especially that orange line for Catherine which is almost invisible.

[Image: boldgraph1.jpg]

Adding that first line of code gives us bolder lines:

[Image: boldgraph2.jpg]

Adding that second line of code gives us another version with super bold lines:

[Image: boldgraph3.jpg]

Attached is a zip file with edited versions of the file for both bold and super bold. To use, unzip to Civ4\Assets\Python\Screens, rename or delete the original CvInfoScreen.py, and rename one of these by removing the ".bold" or ".superbold" extension.

Quote:* Is a mod "Graphical"? (Affecting appearance).

Yes, limited to one particular UI screen and not any game-content graphics.

Quote:* Is a mod "Utilitarian"? (Affecting player's interface).

No.

Quote:* Is a mod "Rebalancing"? (Affecting game rules).

No.

Quote:* Which components are modified? (World Builder, XML, Python, C++)
* Which files are affected?

Python, in CvInfoScreen.py

Quote:* If Python or C++ are involved, the mod needs to be certified free of trojans.

Code jockeys can see exactly what I've done there. wink

Quote:* VISUAL EVIDENCE showing and explaining what the mods actually do.

Provided above.

BTW, Sirian and Gris, I followed up in email regarding doing the HTML for the mod pages -- did it get received?