I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Epic Forty-two: Summer Breeze

Chill out this summer with Epic 42, the coooool new Epic sponsored by T-hawk. This hot vacation destination will be yours to enjoy, provided you patch to version 1.22.

B) B) B) B)

-Griselda

looks like fun.

Although the automated workers may cause more frustration than relaxation...

bihary

Time for a nice summer vacation. Let the workers do all the work. Enjoy that carribean sun and have a smoke .

Cool, looks like fun! Quick question on the worker commands, I see that Shift-R (Road-To) is not allowed, as it's not considered automation, but setting a worker to build a colony is OK. Can we use the Colony-To command? Otherwise, how would you get a road to the resource to build the colony? Thanks!

You can do that manually :
Quote: You may only manually move a worker to load it onto a transport or for a purpose involving expending it: joining it to a city or to build a resource colony, outpost, airfield, or radar tower.

Quote:[b]Justus: I see that Shift-R (Road-To) is not allowed, as it's not considered automation, but setting a worker to build a colony is OK. Can we use the Colony-To command? Otherwise, how would you get a road to the resource to build the colony?[/b]

Colony-To is allowed if you're actually intending to build a colony. (Don't use it as a fake Road-To just to get a worker to build roads if you have no intention of building a colony.)

In the list of worker commands, I also missed Ctrl-Shift-I, which is "improve this city only without altering existing improvements". That's allowable, of course (and quite useful.)

One more clarification: Recapturing a city that was once yours does not incur penalty score.

Edit: Yet another clarification: The score penalty is meant to apply to razing as well, not just captures. (Otherwise you could just raze and replace, obviously.)

Quote:[b]Bihary: Although the automated workers may cause more frustration than relaxation...[/b]

That may be true right at the beginning, which is why I included directions in the info page about how to get the cattle tile irrigated. I found in my playtest that not worrying about the workers really is relaxing, as I'd hoped. smile Do remember that everyone will have the same worker inefficiencies. And you do have an industrious civ to make the worker labor run a bit more easily.

Hello ! Though the spirit of this Epic is coool, I'm not into automated workers, even though the level is just Monarch. I think I will pass this game again, but please don't be offended, this is just a very personal feeling. I was wondering if more Epic games are ready for release ; last summer was crowded with Epics (sometimes, 2 or 3 at the same time), and so it could be coool if another Epic was ready in 1 or 2 weeks. I'd rather see a more "classical" variant, like an Always War or a 5CC, with a special twist maybe... Just to say that I don't much enjoy variants putting restriction on how to micro-manage (workers, city patterns, etc...).

Thanks a lot for replying, and may this tournament continue until civ4 !! smile

Is there any command to let workers mine instead of irrigate?

I've started playing this game. It's a fun game, except that my capital has about +6fpt at size 12. smile

Man, stop working in the coal mines and get out there on the beach! cool lol

Extra food? Why, who doesn't like to splurge on food when on vacation?! :D smoke mischief

No, there isn't any command to force a worker to mine. You can force irrigation in some cases with Ctrl-I, but you can't force mining.

Can we intervene if our workers move next to barbarians?