I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Epic Forty-two: Summer Breeze

I'd play. I just have no desire to leave 1.15 for 1.22 (yet).

I really enjoyed the Epic 40 -> Hittite Cosmonauts, but the balancing English and the Breezing Summertime enjoying Civ doesn't appeal to me. If a nice 1.15 Epic was created I would certainly go for it.

Rik

Sup guys. This is my first Epic that I'm trying out, and I have a few questions, along with a few rules I might have accidently broken... For example, the third variant rule about keeping the ICS in check. Does that refer to just your own cities, or AI ones too? I'm guessing its the second choice, but its a bit too late for me. I've also been having hard luck when it comes to aggression, lol :unsure:

Been having a few wars already. Well, I'd better finish off the game before its too late. Hope I do all right for my first Epic.

P.S. - list of questions

~ When keeping ICS in check, does it refer to your own cities or all cities including AI ones?

~ Do you get bonus 100 points if you beat the game AFTER the set time to count up score?

~ Where is it shown for your score if we are counting # of :D people?

Yes, I feel like a n00by hammer Please reply as soon as possible. Thanx!

~Kodi

Hi,

good to hear that you play this! hammer

Quote:When keeping ICS in check, does it refer to your own cities or all cities including AI ones?

All cities, including AI ones, so try not to found a city too close to an AI city. But as T-hawk has said both in the rules and here in the forum, don't sweat if you've accidentally broken this rule, just don't go overly ICS, just try to play in the spirit of the rules.

Quote:Do you get bonus 100 points if you beat the game AFTER the set time to count up score?

Yes. You can stop playing after 1700AD and would get the happy citizens score, but if you manage to win, you get the victory bonus as well.

Quote:Where is it shown for your score if we are counting # of :-D  people?

Hit F8, and select "score" in the drop-down menu on the bottom of the screen. The "happy citizens" score will be somewhere on the right-hand side of the new screen.

Quote:Yes, I feel like a n00by

Hey, no problem! Bring in some fresh air into this forum, and we're happy! smile hammer

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

One last question.

~ If your city is taken over by a another civilization, then retaken over by yourself, then are there still penalties? (Yes. I'm in my fourth war......)

Thx

~Kodi

Ignore the last question, I didn't need to know the answer after all. My game is finished, and I don't think I did too bad for my first Epic. As I mentioned in the report I am writing up, this game was no Summer Breeze. More like a Winter Slaughterhouse with money going down the drain. I will post my results when the date comes to do so. Thanks for the great game, T-Hawk!~

~Kodi

I'm glad you enjoyed your game, but please save the information for your report (it's hard, isn't it?).

Thanks. smile

-Griselda

Glad you enjoyed it, Kodi. We always look forward to reading reports from a new perspective. smile

Kylearan answered all the questions in your first post here. Regarding score penalty for recapturing a lost city of your own, I clarified that earlier in this thread. No penalty.

Report day is Monday the 25th, so hang on until then. Don't want to spoil anyone else's vacation. :unsure: mischief B)

Game complete, working on report. B) Thanks for the vacation!

Wow! The Civ Fairy has voicemail now? We'll have to wait for her to get back to us. Hopefully that won't take long.

If I might comment, the current Epic is ending this Monday, and it'd be nice for the Civ Fairy to have more Civ ready to go then... mischief