I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Epic Forty-three: Ports Your Goal

A retired Navy guy couldn't possibly pass this one up. :war: <= Here's my Portuguese sailor on Halloween.

Are we allowed to accept cities as part of piece deals?
I got into a war with someone after telling them to shove a demand and I want their city.

Thanks smile

Hi,

hey, a new player. hammer Welcome! B)

Quote:Are we allowed to accept cities as part of piece deals?

I strongly suspect the answer is yes, as long as cities acquired that way are on salt-water coast.
The rules are mainly about city placement, unit movement limitations and spices, so that should be okay.

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider

Right. Any city on salt water coast is OK, whether you settle it or obtain it from an AI. If inland, though, you are not allowed to accept it. And of course, most of your units aren't allowed to move inland, either.

- Sirian
Fortune favors the bold.

I have finished my game. Well not exactly finished. More like "given up". I have never before played an Emperor game, and I guess I wasn't experienced enough to survive. I also must to mention that I hate surprises and twists.... mischief

It was fun to try, and I hope I will learn a lot when I get some reports from others.

~Kodi

Quote: I have never before played an Emperor game, and I guess I wasn't experienced enough to survive.

I had our grizzled veterans in mind with this scenario. hammer

Definitely not going to be a friendly intro to Emperor difficulty. As you found out. eek Oops. Sorry about that. smile

We normally mix up the difficulty factor. Since last game was a relaxed Monarch variant, we were due for something a bit more, ah, demanding. lol

- Sirian
Fortune favors the bold.

Quote:Originally posted by Sirian@Jul 31 2004, 08:07 PM
QUESTION: If we manage to own (a spice) city, are we allowed to garrison it properly if it's more than four tiles away from the coast?

ANSWER: As much garrison as you like, but they must stay within your borders. You can move units back and forth from the spice city to your coastal holdings at any time, but no attacking along the way, and take direct routes, no wandering.
Does this apply to a city we would get from a hut (village), even if it's far away ? Can we move units between that city and our current borders, if they take a direct route ?
And in case of grabbing a spice site, does the settler have to take a direct route, and can he be accompagnied by a stack of whatever number of units ?

QUESTION: Does this apply to a city we would get from a hut (village), even if it's far away ? Can we move units between that city and our current borders, if they take a direct route ?

ANSWER: Your units are allowed to do whatever they please within four tiles of salt water (except to capture cities that can't build a harbor). Move them along the coast or ferry them by ship, then take a direct beeline inland when you arrive in the vicinity.

QUESTION: In case of grabbing a spice site, does the settler have to take a direct route, and can he be accompanied by a stack of whatever number of units ?

ANSWER: If the spice site is within four tiles of a coast, any number of units can accompany. If deeper inland, then only as many as you honestly believe you need to defend the city.

- Sirian
Fortune favors the bold.

This was going to be my first attempt at an Epic, but when I load the game, I get the following errors:

DataIO operation System Error: DATE
DataIO operation System Error: PLGI
DataIO operation System Error: CNSL

For test purposes, I downloaded Epic 42, and had no problems loading that game. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nick

Ack, I haven't heard of that one before. I'm not sure what could be causing it, but have you tried deleting the Epic 43 save file and downloading a new one?

-Griselda