I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Orion 1 unofficial patch

Bugs are prirority. And if you are ready for testing, it is welcome. I¨ll write more later.

As for the modding of the game core, I am not a fan. However, about 90% data (ship specifications, weapon data etc.) of the game is externalized in data tables (hidden in exe file, but they are very easy to find). If you write a program for changing them, I'll give you the locations.

If I "retire", I could see giving out what I've found. Not anywhere soon.

Hi there!
first, thanks for making these patches, will be nice to have a more challenging and bug-free moo!!
i just tried the larva patch and in my first games (medium/hard/5) i had 2 issues:
1. i colonized one planet (pollus) and about 3 rounds later it got bombed and the announcement said "5 factories destroyed). i wondered how it has so many factories already (i didn't even transfer credits from the planetary reserve/send transports to it) and realized that the planet had wondrously grown to full pop/industry.
as i hadn't read around here at that time i didn't export the savegame, sorry.

2. i got kicked twice ( the second time it was after retreating from a battle, the first time i can't remember)... the second time i got the message:
SOUND
LBX: entry not found
or something like this....

i exported my save10 but actually i couldn't open it anymore, though it was modified 2 minutes before i got kicked. hope it helps anyway:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2549...0.GAM.html

Whenever you have something to be tested I'm game. I was always a bit wary of massive patches, because it's so hard to narrow down specific issues.

With the issues MoO has, it's always reminded me of cooking. You can change all of your ingredients to fix the end product, and end up with a mass of living nightmare that is impossible to properly evaluate (let alone enjoy). The alternative is tweaking an ingredient or two at a time and evaluating the final product before deciding what next to do.

See my post in tournament reports section. You may write there which features you find being disturbing.

New version posted, 1.40ii.

kyrub Wrote:New version posted, 1.40ii.
Terrific news; thanks! Sorry for referring to you in the third person in that tournament thread; I wasn't sure how soon you'd be back and reading it. Thanks again for all your work on the patch.

So ... would you like to see extensive testing of either the latest larval you just posted or the embryonic_18 ("last stable") patch linked to in the first post of this thread? Do you think it would be appropriate (if the community is interested) to try one of them out in an Imperium game? (My sense was that testing of the latest larval would be great if anyone can manage it, but that you didn't think the patch ready for Imperium play, but I figure it's best to ask directly, right?)

Testing of the new patch stability would be nice...

For Imperia, you should certainly try embryonic_18 first. That one was tested and is stable enough.

On the other hand, it has one flaw: the AIs will attack you less frequently than in original. This is what ignatius reported - thanks! It is a combined consequence of
- AI ship action radius not being illimited anymore (bug corrected in embryo)
- AI main fleet distribution is stopped when a total of 8 fleets are enroute (should have been 8 fleets per player, corrected in 1.40ii)

Therefore (embryonic), the AI will attack you only from vicinity, but it cannot get its ships there... you get the point.

-----

So, for an Imperium, I would maybe suggest to use embryonic combined with small (or medium) universe, where the above effect is probably negligible.

Quote:New version posted, 1.40ii.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks a lot. I've checked the patch against my shadow fleet bug save and it seems to be clean. I will playtest the patch ASAP (might take some time, still).

ignatius

Just downloaded 1.40ii - will test it tonight at work...

Just to note, GoG now has MoO1 & 2 for great download prices...I went ahead and got it because my original discs and such are in boxes for both games, and I'm lazy and liked the perfectly working install rather than fiddling with dosbox like I have been to find settings I like. Plus, they're a good company and I love what they're doing.

Mr. Kyrub, you are awesome.