I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Master of Orion 1 unofficial patch

once got news message, saying that my planet finally has found cure for a plague - trick is, that there was no plague

using 1.4 patch smile

is coordinated attact ETA for transports going to be fixed? any other updates, kyrub? wink

Update: idea to have ini file with the fix'es settings (BombingFix=1) would be nice (as this is done in the sfall for Fallout, seb76 patch for the UFO). Why it would be nice? that would give freedom to apply one fixes and reject others like 5 fleet per player or 5 fleet per game settings.
________
volcano digital review

Doomk Wrote:once got news message, saying that my planet finally has found cure for a plague - trick is, that there was no plague

Now, how many times did I say I needed a SAVE with a bug?

If you play with 1.40 you must have a ton of previous saves.
Give me a save and I give you a fix.

---------

Nothing coming soon. I hope I'll be able to find a time-capsule to make an AI fix before Christmas.

1. Report -> Sakkra -> Planetology -> tech named are messed up.

Improved Terraforming Environ
Controlled Barren Environment
Controlled Dead Environ
Enhanced Eco Environ
Soil Enrichment
Controlled Radiated Environment
Environ

2. Looks like AIs get permanent alliances with one another.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2841...7.GAM.html

PS. MoO_patch_140ii used

---- Edit1

On the main screen, there is '<' before the ship's name ('<COL 2RF'), but it shouldn't be there.
In Fleet -> Specs there is no '<' ('COL 2RF'), and that's how it should be.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-2844...7.GAM.html

Thanks for reporting these, qynalon! kyryb, note that both of these glitches are native to the original game, I believe. You've probably heard about the "Environ" bug, and the "<NAME" bug occurs, I believe, when a non-alphanumeric character is (often accidentally) typed at that point in the ship's name. I haven't tested this carefully however.

I believe the '<' occurs with 5th from the top row ship design.

Thanks qynalon & RefSteel, I'll have a look into them.

I believe I scouted "ENVIRON" once and, trying to change it, the game crushed immediately. ENVIRON is 100% used intentionnally to shorten some of the tech names to fit the table, so it cannot be entirely removed, as it seems. Any idea of better shortening for the ENVIRONEMENT tech group?

Eternal AI alliances... I cannot believe I've forgot them in the code (the whole story's hidden somewhere in this thread, basically the AIs has buggy, unstable, "oscillating" relations - but the fix made them permanent). So sterile, sorry. I'll put that back for sure.
Maybe I'll rewrite the piece when I make the AI correction attempt.

kyrub Wrote:I believe I scouted "ENVIRON" once and, trying to change it, the game crushed immediately. ENVIRON is 100% used intentionnally to shorten some of the tech names to fit the table, so it cannot be entirely removed, as it seems.
The last 'ENVIRON' is 'Death spores', but at some point into the game the name becomes 'ENVIRON'. There might a tech name too long (like 'Controlled Radiated Environment') that bugs it all. It seems the other tech groups don't have such a bug.

kyrub Wrote:Any idea of better shortening for the ENVIRONEMENT tech group?
Removing the 'ENVIRONMENE' might help.
Controlled Barren
Controlled Dead
Eco 5
Controlled Radiated

Or removing the 'Controlled'.
Barren Environment
Dead Environment
Enhanced Eco
Radiated Environment

---- Edit 1
kyrub Wrote:[SIZE="1"]If the game crashes (or you experience a bug), go immediately to the Moo folder and conserve for me the save9.gam file - please.[/SIZE]

Isn't it save7.gam?

Thanks for suggestions, I'll go for the "Controlled Barren" etc thing.

I am unsure about my capacity to change that "<" problem. Maybe some problem in the font... I have no experience about it. It sounds like a minor thing, no?

------------

Just upon reopening my disassembler, I noticed a forgotten bug on the missile_hit function. There is a cap of 95% on missile defense success (meaning that at least 5% of missiles will get through no matter how good your MD is). But AFTER that cap is applied, the game adds the missile computer bonus, which can strip the defensive bonus from a ship substantially.

As a simple example: A space vessel A is cloaked (+5 to defense) and its ECM + normal missile defense = 7. Enemy ship B equipped with battle computer +3 fires Zeon missiles (+6 to hit) at it. The resulting % should be

To hit = 50 + 10 * (-5 -7 +3 +6) = 20%

but instead of it you'll see

To hit = 50 + 10 * (-5 -7 +3) = -40%
// capped to 5% + 10 * (+6) = 65%

Now, that is one hell of a difference, isn't it? Alkaris and cloaked ships may be handicapped by this bug, otherwise it is not probably that important.

-----------

EDIT: Another nasty bug - AI's huge, well-armored and shielded ships break the attacking decision of the AIs. They make the equations to overflow into negative numbers, so that the AI loses all "confidence" into its attacking threat. Its self-confidence is negative.

I remember reports about "absolutely no attack during many, many years of the late game despite the fleet advantage of the AI". This must be most probably the cause.

Deadly combinations start from these thresholds:
tritanium + shield XI (and better)
adamantium + shield VI
neutronium + shield IV

andrium II + shield V
tritanium II + shield III
adamantium II + shield I
neutronium II + no shield

Fleets containing any of this ship will be most probably unable to attack any other worlds.

Updated to 1.40m, see first page.

Thanks, qynalon.

kyrub Wrote:I am unsure about my capacity to change that "<" problem. Maybe some problem in the font... I have no experience about it. It sounds like a minor thing, no?
The most minorest. Those are just the catchiest to the eye. eek

kyrub Wrote:- the game now uses "Controlled Barren" on the Race report screen instead of strange "Control Barren ENVIRON"
RESEARCH.LBX isn't in MoO_patch_140m.zip.

kyrub Wrote:- the game autosaves every turn in save9.gam (for the purpose of bug reports)
save7.gam

---- EDIT 1
After setting some population for TRANSfer, the calculation of eco needed to restore the population isn't right. It calculates using the current population and operated factories, without subtracting those set for TRANSfer and/or factories they operate.