I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB Pitboss #1 [SPOILERS!] - Kublai Khan of Rome

TheArchDuke and I do battle with the RB Crowd ... watch how we do.
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

This post will contain a link to various posts that act as a ...

Table of Contents!
List of People met ...

Species ...
  1. Mostly Harmless & Kodii [Louis XIV of Byzantium] (Alliance)
  2. Broker33 [Zara of HRE] (UTA)
  3. Imhotep [Zulu] (Alliance)
  4. ZPV [Carthage] (UTA)
  5. Dreylin and kalin [The Lins of Sumeria] (UTA)
  6. Shady [Persia] (Alliance)
  7. dsplaisted (Alliance)
  8. regoarrarr and Danski [Hatshepsut of India] (UTA)
  9. krill and memphus of Inca (Alliance)
  10. Sunrise [Mansa of Spain] (UTA)
I have finally decided to put down some cash and register a website. It is www.ruffhi.com. Now I remain free to move the hosting options without having to change the name of the site.

(October 22nd, 2014, 10:52)Caledorn Wrote: And ruff is officially banned from playing in my games as a reward for ruining my big surprise by posting silly and correct theories in the PB18 tech thread.

A pic from Sullla of our start. Rats! I was hoping for a few seafood sources so that we wouldn't need to start with a worker and some worker techs. We'll have to WB some starts to see what is the best starting options.

Options ...
  • agriculture and worker, then warrior, warrior
  • bronze working and warrior, then worker / agriculture
  • other?

Maybe BW / warrior then worker / agriculture and chop out a second worker and a settler.

I also will place a sizable wager that everyone (!) has started with Ivory at their start. No PAL situation here.

[Image: rbpitbossp10.jpg]

Mmmm, Kubali of Rome.

The riverside rice is a nice tile for you - I'd be tempted to start worker+agriculture then head for Iron Working.

EDIT: BTW, that's an amusing typo in the thread title. Bitboss lol

Still only a semi-decent tile the rice. Also ivory is not that hot either. Well we will see how it goes. Right now I am leaning towards agri-worker first.

what about where to found? I am thinking we move the warrior 1SW and see what is there. Probably settle in place.

TheArchduke Wrote:Still only a semi-decent tile the rice. Also ivory is not that hot either. Well we will see how it goes. Right now I am leaning towards agri-worker first.
Really? That rice is on a river, so it starts irrigated for 5 food/turn. Ivory "not that hot?" Maybe next time I'll give you incense at the start instead! lol
Follow Sullla: Website | YouTube | Livestream | Twitter | Discord

Sullla Wrote:Really? That rice is on a river, so it starts irrigated for 5 food/turn. Ivory "not that hot?" Maybe next time I'll give you incense at the start instead! lol
Please note that these are comments by my team mate, not me. And I have already had my incense start - thx smile

Maybe I am spoiled. I like my starts with grain or pigs or both.wink

here is a demo game that we can run some trials with.

Option 1: Warrior, BW
Option 2: Worker, Agriculture