For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Welcome!

Hi Dittman Rat! Welcome to RB! smile

Which version of the game are you playing?
It should be v1.31 unless you've started using Insecticide.
You can tell in the save game screen where the version is shown.

Turn-end is a setting that you can switch on or off (in the v1.31 game).
I'm pretty sure I still get the cut scene that goes along when finishing research.
I've always missed the notification that an outpost became a hamlet. I've become used to it to check periodically in the overview list of cities, or I park a unit that effectively shows me every turn what the status is.
To ensure you never lose a game, press F10 often. It saves the game in the continue-game slot. When restarting the program and continuing the game, you'll be where you last pressed F10.
--I like ILSe

Ah, thanks for the info. I looked for settings earlier but couldn't find any, now I realize they were in the Save/Load window. I've adjusted them and it seems to have fixed all the problems I had.

And yes, I do have v1.31. It's working well now.

Hello everyone!

I just started playing this game after looking up best turn based strategy games. Master of Magic was at the top of a lot of lists, so I got it off GOG and I'm so glad I did!

Been messing around with Real Time Game Tweaker "awesome program" changing Hero portraits and stuff. Now I want to change some Wizard portraits "I think there are to many human Wizards" and kinda hit a road block making the mirror portrait look right.

Was wondering if anyone with a art background or photoshop expertise could make some mirror templates of the wizardTalk halo kinda mirror effect, and the mirrorFade effect. So we could just copy and paste it over new wizards.

If not no big deal, thanks for reading glad to be a part of the community.

Hi everyone!

I played this game a lot a long time ago, spent lots and lots of time playing it, made various save game editors etc...
Recently I got tired of how much garbage are among new anime and games, and asked myself...hey why do I watch this new crap when there were good, replayable games in the past? Let's see...oh yeah Master of Magic, I spent years playing that, let's download...I don't think there is anything new but let's see google "master of magic newest patch" hmm 1.4 insectide? let's see..oh I remember those bugs! Omg they fixed them? Downloads. Starts the game being all excited. Wants to take Node mastery with 4 book of Nature, Chaos and Sorcery...oh wait, 11 picks, now where is my tool to make that 13..hmm cool I still have it...oh it's in a password protected zip...I think I used this password...no that one...or maybe those...hmmm how long does it take to brute force it, probably less than 15 alphanumeric characters...what, how many billion years? no thanks, there must be some info about changing the picks on the internet in this day and age hmm...oh there it is...hmmm -reads thread- wow they can even change that nowadays? and that? oh this editor is better than mine...hmm starts modding...2 weeks later...still modding...barely managed to finish 3 games but it's a million times better now..even replaced all the default wizards just for fun...planning to release the mod when I finish...and that's my story up till today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(Google Translate)

Hi all you MoM friends.

I accidentally discovered this site and I am very pleased that this lovely ancient game still lives. I dug out an old 486 machine from the chamber and found that it still works. So a couple of weeks playing MoM.

Once I started making a map editor in Turbo Pascal, but I had a little time. Now I have time and I want to continue.

But I ran into a problem.

There are a myriad of codes for each type of terrain - shore, desert etc. I made a lot of fresh maps, discovered the dependence of individual codes on the surrounding tiles and put the results into spreadsheets. I have complete Desert, Rivers, Mountains and Hills table. Only a small amount of Tundra on maps, but I believe that over time, I have the complete Tundra table.

But I have trouble with the shore. After processing 80 maps I had about 65% of the codes. After 200 maps about 70%. After 480 maps 72%. So it makes no sense to continue this way.

Some configurations never once appeared. One-tile lake (water 1x1) with no incoming river, water tile with 2 rivers incoming from opposite directions, water tile with more than 2 rivers. etc. I extracted sprites from terrain.lbx, looked at them and found that lot of cofigurations have no corresponding sprites, so not every configuration is possible. I edited the missing codes into the map, started the game and tested it in the eyes, but it is a mission impossible.

Does anyone know of a way to solve it? Are there any conversion tables or some other method? After solving this, the editor may be finished in few days.

(sorry for writing this into welcome thread, but apparently I have no permisiion to start new thread and cannot find relevant map-editor thread )

It's probably in this thread somewhere: http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=5066

(April 8th, 2016, 13:09)JM_ Wrote: (Google Translate)

Hi all you MoM friends.

Does anyone know of a way to solve it? Are there any conversion tables or some other method? After solving this, the editor may be finished in few days.

(sorry for writing this into welcome thread, but apparently I have no permisiion to start new thread and cannot find relevant map-editor thread )

Welcome!
You should be able to post now, the requirement to unlock posting is to post into the welcome thread as far as I remember.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1430...eGam2.html
This contains a list of all possible codes and their type of terrain. It does not tell you which one is which configuration but if you edit them into the map you should see in the game.
Shore in particular is $002-$0A1, $0C5-$0E8 and $01C4-$0258. I'm not entirely sure if the game's internal map generator uses all of these but the game itself does recognize them all I believe. There are no spells that change Shore, Ocean or River terrain in any way, so you don't need to worry about the codes too much, as long as it looks properly connected, it's enough, there won't be any effect in the game that actually cares about which type of Shore you used (which is not the case for some other types, where a raise volcano or change terrain would require updating all adjacent tiles to match the new shape of the terrain)

Thx for quick reply. I will continue here

Welcome! Check out the real-time tweaker when you get the chance. That has potential to reimplement MoM in a modern shell.

Wow, Armsmaster useless? It can turn a stack of Recruits into Elites in a dozen turns. Healer half a point? It's an outstanding ability that keeps your stacks going in enemy territory. When you rank Noble and Charmed as the same as Blademaster and Might, you're going to find a lot of people disagree. Prayermaster is just as good as Wind Walking, the best ability in the game? wink

Plus, why all the decimal scores? Use natural numbers instead, all the decimals are hard to read.