Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Welcome!

Wow this is weird.

I posted a few times on the dragonsword forum. I thought you had some really good ideas for modding MoM, and I was pretty disapointed when the site shut down. I just started posting here recently, too so this is a weird coincidence.

Anyway, glad to run into you again. Hopefully we can find some people to play a tournament (or some sort of group event even if it's not competitive) using your mod.

Good to see another forum starting up.

Im a light poster on gamefaqs, never did post on the dragonsword forum, and also posted lightly on the classicgaming mom forum (how long ago was that? lol)

Completely amazed that people are still updating the great game.

Are there documents around explaining on how to mod it? I assume the unit mods are "simple", but people actually fixing/improving the AI? That just blows me away.

Welcome to all of you, glad to see you here smile

grazzy, I responded to your inquiries about modding in the discussion thread.

Jtm, the status of the Catnip mod is that I'm resuming work on it and probably starting over from scratch. It can all be reproduced fairly easily, will just take some time. kyrub has returned to offer a bit of assistance with some of my feature requests, so the outlook is good. I'll be looking to assemble a team again, and I really hope some of the DS regulars will find their way here.

Quote:karyb's balance project
crazyeye Would you please spell correctly my (incorrect) name?

It's kyrub, my internet self.
In reality, I live on an island in Kyrubbic, whose inhabitants speak only in assembly language. I had to learn English to participate in these forums. I have two kids and a lot of other RL work I really care for.

I am a strange, opinionated guy who likes some old games only and laughs at the new shallow stuff. I despise Brad, his sweet talks and his products that should have outshined MoO and MoM. I enjoy communication with people who share the interest in the dated titles.

Here on RBO, I learned to love the original shape of the oldies that I still play (casually). I hold in a deep esteem the games with distinct character (both Masters, X-com, ADOM and a few others). Lately, I've been caught by IDA (interactive disassembler) and I am now fighting the bugs, what a challenge!

Modding is not my element, and my patches try to be as sober as possible in this respect (please, don't call my patch "mod"). I admit MoM needs balancing, though.

I'd love to see a Realms Beyond Magic subforum here! The RBO community is great and I've enjoyed reading the MOO Imperium games for years!

I only discovered Master of Magic in the summer of 2007. I'm a huge MOO2 fan so people kept recommending MOM to me. I finally gave it a try and I remember being amazed at that legendary intro!!

Old man, you seek... anyways, after a whole bunch of game settings I just randomly clicked through I stopped on the second last one excitedly... Orc's!!! Yes, I would dominate the planes with my Orc army!

Skulltop! What a great name for a starting city...... OH GAWD!! That flashing purple blotch is suppose to be my Orc Swordsmen! It hurts, it hurts the eyes... they bleed! *deletes game*

Yup, that was my first experience with Master of Magic! Luckily it wasn't the last! I re-installed and deleted it 3 times during that week! But something kept bringing me back! I actually finished my next two games which involed Paladin's... no magic at all, just stacked Paladin's of Doom! And it was glorious!!

Then I discovered Chaos Magic and the sense of wielding powerful spells like Flame Strike and Call the Void at enemy wizards that I had grown to REALLY despise made we realize how great a world this game creates each time!

Now it's one of only 4 games left on my hard drive today!

Currently we don't have any MOM forum, the last fan-site went down months ago and it's good to see some familiar names here, like Karyb! wink

It would be great to follow Kyrub's MOO & MOM work on the same site! As well as a place to discuss Catwalk's rebalancing changes in his mod!

So I also hope the RB Admins will PLEASE start up a MoM subforum! My interest in TBS games started with the discovery of Sirian's MOO tutorial and Sulla's great AARs! And I think RB is the perfect place to interest new comers like Selrahc in this very thread to give MoM a first try! Thanks.

Hi there,

glad to see an active MoM community (doesn't matter that it's just starting out smile ). Whenever I looked for a MoM community in the past years, I only found abandoned projects, and I completely missed the the DragonSword site.

Anyway, kyrub's patch showed me that there was still an interest in MoM, so I'm glad to see a new home for its community. I recently released a MoM-based project (Plight), and I'll open a thread for it here, hoping for feedback, ideas, and corrections. smile

Hello everyone, I don't know anyone but I hope to meet everyone and make some good friends. MoM holds a special place in my gaming life like many others because I was a young teen when I got my first copy and love it to this very day, granted I don't play it as much these days, I always come back to it, heck, I pretty much expect you'll all get me playing it again anyway wink

I created the MoM.NET project over at my site http://www.machinations.org a few years ago, it never got to the stage where I felt comfortable releasing a demo, primarily because it isn't really something playable and it probably has lots of crashing bugs, I'd call it an alpha if anything. However I'm proud of how far I got and how much I learned in the process, I continue to get emails to this day (Catwalk being the latest, inviting me to this new little corner of the net, which I gratefully thank him for) and am constantly surprised at that, there is clearly a cult following for this game and I've always been excited to be some part of that. Regardless, I hope my experiences can provide value to any discussions here and my hope is that perhaps it will inspire me or others to go about making a true successor to the game we all love.

Some other fun facts about me, I live in sunny Florida's Space Coast with my wonderful wife and our two, incredibly weird, black labs mixes, we saved from the local shelter. My wife and I are huge Red Wings fans and hockey fans in general, so from about Sept-June of any given year, you might hear us yelling, very loud at our television, as the refs are always wrong, right? wink

Glad to be here, thanks again to Catwalk for inviting me, I don't normally do the forum thing but in this particular situation, I think it's about time I did.

Glad you decided to drop by smile It's a shame about your project, but it's not easy to master a challenge of that size. Our projects here are pretty small in scope, which is why I'm confident we'll be able to finish them and get out a fully functional product. If you're interested in helping, even if it's just by providing feedback, don't be a stranger.

Oh, and my American wife (whom I just showed your post to in order to help her understand why this game sometimes takes precedence over her) is now complaining that I'm not a Red Wings fan (or any hockey team for that matter) :P I'm from Denmark and we live here together.

In the old days I played all the new computer games, but somehow the new computer games hold no interest to me anymore. But I'm still quite enthusiastic about a couple of the old games.

My current list of games on my hard drive, is:
- MoM
- MoO2
- MoO1
- ToME (Tales of Middle Earth - a roguelike which has recently been renewed)
- Mame (with a couple of old arcade games)
- Settlers of Catan

As you can see, I feel right at home in this forum where everyone seems to enjoy MoO most next to MoM! thumbsup
As it is, I'm no stranger to programming or disassembling.
And since I saw the work of Kyrub, I went off on a new crusade involving MoM.
Hence the new thread for an Interactive Game Tweaker. Hope to see you there!
toast

I like Serena Wrote:My current list of games on my hard drive, is:
- MoM
- MoO2
- MoO1
- ToME (Tales of Middle Earth - a roguelike which has recently been renewed)
- Mame (with a couple of old arcade games)
- Settlers of Catan
Check on most of those! I play boardgame Settlers quite often, and I actually recently installed Mame in an attempt to play Alcon/Slapfight, couldn't get it to work. Found the C64 version instead, damn it's tough! And I've also been playing ToME for a while, although I've stuck with the 2.3.5 version.
Quote:As you can see, I feel right at home in this forum where everyone seems to enjoy MoO most next to MoM! thumbsup
That's why I wanted to move here, I've been here often for my MoO needs before.