For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

Hi, i hope someone can help me, i had a previous version of insectiside installed, 1.40j i think, and it had extra help texts when right clicking on stuff, now i have recently updated to 1.40n and these no longer appear, i am far from being an expert at the game and found the extra help stuff very very useful, i have the expanded help box checked in the settings but the extra help texts still dont show up, im wondering if anyone can help me get these back, thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Never mind, i remembered it was a different mod and installing the new insectiside had over written it, so i have reinstalled Plight and its all good now....

For incecticifde prior n version:
For make Ai more agressive in the combat I recommend theses changes:wizards.exe 0009bad8 :7d -> 7f
This allow Ai unit attack the unit within move-range this round of the combat , if possible.
This cange is kyrub-made, but i think this need remain untouch.

Aargh! On Impossible if only there were some way to keep Jafar from sending 4 storm giants to my capital in 1404... but I don't think there's anything I can do about it

(February 16th, 2013, 01:40)coldsteel Wrote: Aargh! On Impossible if only there were some way to keep Jafar from sending 4 storm giants to my capital in 1404... but I don't think there's anything I can do about it

Wall of individual spearmen, skeleton, and magic spirit units around enemy on overland map and strike them with high power or high probability spell in battle then flee.

(February 16th, 2013, 11:59)WhiteMage Wrote:
(February 16th, 2013, 01:40)coldsteel Wrote: Aargh! On Impossible if only there were some way to keep Jafar from sending 4 storm giants to my capital in 1404... but I don't think there's anything I can do about it

Wall of individual spearmen, skeleton, and magic spirit units around enemy on overland map and strike them with high power or high probability spell in battle then flee.

That is great advice and something I had not thought of. In 1404 playing life+sorcery+nature+alchemy+warlord I don't have any high power or high probability spell -- psionic blast causes maybe 2 hearts of damage out of 20 against a storm giant. BUT if diplomatic relations are 'neutral' or better, looks like I can delay the storm giants arrival and even steer them away, because they will not attack my wall of spearmen - at least for a while. This buys valuable time. Thank you.

Hi there.
Any plans for a new patch coming soon?

Do you mean bugs or AI development?

Any (either bug patches or AI).
smile
I was just curious to know if there's anything coming soon.
Thanks!

I have nothing ready for Insecticide if that's what you mean. Hm.
We did a pretty big chunk with Zitro on FLEXIBILITY and SPEED way back, very non-polished but containing some interesting mechanics (tower auto-defense, new combat unit mechanics, new unit levels etc). That's kind of ready and not published.

For Insecticide, I used to have a few last AI plans, namely:
- another revision of AI stacks, since they still move in small groups; I even got so far as to identify the problem in vanilla code
- AI "borderwars", to let AI stacks attack directly your neighbouring cities
- AI tactical build with shooters waiting with their shot
- a thourough AI tactical spell revision, with less luck factor

I looked into AI-AI battles being run as real (as that would help the game a loot), which is simple, but the ultra hard part is to let all graphics suspended.

(Then again, I keep getting messages from people who are dissatisfied with current Insecticide difficulty. I have squeezed the fun out of their beloved game, they say, it's too hard now. Anti-motivating.)

Sounds fun, can't wait to put my hands on them.

(Hard is good. But that's why there's a difficulty setting.)