For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

Weapon Immunity seems to work a little differently in 1.40n. I don't think anything strange happens with melee, but non-magical, even lionhearted, ultra elite javelineers can rarely hit a Demon Lord or Death Knight, making it seem like the immunity is raising the defense to 50, instead of 10. Not sure if this is just for these two fantastic creatures, or in general (though it's an unusual immunity).

Do the older versions exist anywhere for download, or are they lost to us? Some of the later changes aren't quite so appealing to some (me) but it would be great to have access to the prior changes.
More specifically, 1.40k is the version I would love to get my hands on. The change that prevents reloading to get better heroes/rewards is the one I would like to avoid.

(February 4th, 2018, 00:33)Giant2005 Wrote: Do the older versions exist anywhere for download, or are they lost to us? Some of the later changes aren't quite so appealing to some (me) but it would be great to have access to the prior changes.
More specifically, 1.40k is the version I would love to get my hands on. The change that prevents reloading to get better heroes/rewards is the one I would like to avoid.

Turns out I still have a couple of them lying around.
Insecticide 1.40i.zip
Insecticide 1.40j.zip
Insecticide 1.40k.zip
Insecticide 1.40n.zip
--I like ILSe

(February 4th, 2018, 07:37)I like Serena Wrote:
(February 4th, 2018, 00:33)Giant2005 Wrote: Do the older versions exist anywhere for download, or are they lost to us? Some of the later changes aren't quite so appealing to some (me) but it would be great to have access to the prior changes.

Turns out I still have a couple of them lying around.
Insecticide 1.40i.zip
Insecticide 1.40j.zip
Insecticide 1.40k.zip
Insecticide 1.40n.zip

That is awesome! Thanks for uploading.

Thought of something for Master of Magic: from time to time, Rival Wizards will appear in diplomacy screen to announce rankings of wizards they know in terms of military might, total income, overall production, research, magic power, number of cities, total population, and overall might. The wizard's negative diplomacy music is played for ranking military might, magic power, total income, and overall might. The wizard's positive diplomacy music is played for ranking overall production, research, number of cities, and total production.

This is kinda similar to Master of Orion's news bot giving current rankings of empires.

Example:
(Ariel shows up on mirror)
Current ranking of wizards by total production:
1. Horus
2. Tlaloc
3. Ariel
4. Tauron
5. Freya

Good idea!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hi!

Is it possible to undo some of the patch changes in the unffocial patch (MOM GOG version) ?

Specifically the nerf to Miners Guild from 100% bonus to 50%
(Why was that done? )

(June 13th, 2022, 14:17)Calapine Wrote: Hi!

Is it possible to undo some of the patch changes in the unffocial patch (MOM GOG version) ?

Specifically the nerf to Miners Guild from 100% bonus to 50%
(Why was that done? )

You mean the iron/coal bonus? Probably because that's what the context-based help said it should be (50%, no exceptions mentioned). No other components of the bonus were altered in any way (they were all 50% in v1.31).

And to answer your other question as well, yes, there should be a Patches folder in your game directory with subfolders containing individual patch files that can possibly be removed. However, to do this, you ideally need to be able to access the DOSBox command prompt with the game folder already mounted (as otherwise you may miss any warnings and end up with an unstable game). Do you know how to do that?

(June 13th, 2022, 20:51)drake178 Wrote: You mean the iron/coal bonus? Probably because that's what the context-based help said it should be (50%, no exceptions mentioned). No other components of the bonus were altered in any way (they were all 50% in v1.31).

And to answer your other question as well, yes, there should be a Patches folder in your game directory with subfolders containing individual patch files that can possibly be removed. However, to do this, you ideally need to be able to access the DOSBox command prompt with the game folder already mounted (as otherwise you may miss any warnings and end up with an unstable game). Do you know how to do that?

(June 13th, 2022, 20:51)drake178 Wrote: You mean the iron/coal bonus? Probably because that's what the context-based help said it should be (50%, no exceptions mentioned). No other components of the bonus were altered in any way (they were all 50% in v1.31).

Oh, sorry!  The Wiki called it  100% bonus for coal/iron and didn't mention any bugs, thus I assumed this was a balance change (rather than a bug-fix) by modders.

(June 13th, 2022, 20:51)drake178 Wrote: And to answer your other question as well, yes, there should be a Patches folder in your game directory with subfolders containing individual patch files that can possibly be removed. However, to do this, you ideally need to be able to access the DOSBox command prompt with the game folder already mounted (as otherwise you may miss any warnings and end up with an unstable game). Do you know how to do that?

Yeah, I do. wink But guess that's obsolete now, just discovered you are already working on patch 1.60! *impressed*

Hi there! Are there any news about patch 1.60 ?