Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

Master of Magic unofficial patch (latest version)

Hi there,
thanks for the latest patch. Always appreciate your help smile

Quick (maybe dumb) question: let's say that I'd like to modify some game stats that would apply to any game (e.g. Efreet is too weak, or something like that, or maybe I want to play with Halfling slingers with Speed 9 :D). Is that doable/easy? If so, where should I look for instructions?

Best,

Simone:Any existed editor for 1.31 will work with this patch.
Kyrub:The auto combat job have neglible priority.however,i use it to allow hero cast flame strike to kill ords of zombie as fast as possible.

Thanks Asfex. Which one should I use? Any suggestion?

Asfex Wrote:Simone:Any existed editor for 1.31 will work with this patch.
Kyrub:The auto combat job have neglible priority.however,i use it to allow hero cast flame strike to kill ords of zombie as fast as possible.

I would rather have it check if the opponent is a wizard, if not, do not cast counter magic, etc.

Edit : In my game, Freya seems to have gotten retarded. She was doing really well and using alchemy to generate hundreds of mana to spam crack's call, etc on me...but after i banished her and she came back, she doesn't seem to do anything else anymore.

She cleared something like 4-6 nodes around her cities, but instead of capturing them with magic spirits, she just keeps spamming summon war bears over and over....she even puts defence stacks on the nodes but wont send any spirits to meld with them.

Also heres a bug...i allied with ss'ra but he keeps sending troops to my continents and as a result my relationship with him keeps dropping infinitely.

@Question:
Do you have any savegame files of those bug-candidates? Without them kyrub may not be able to pinpoint the reason for the bugs at all.

Question Wrote:She cleared something like 4-6 nodes around her cities, but instead of capturing them with magic spirits, she just keeps spamming summon war bears over and over....she even puts defence stacks on the nodes but wont send any spirits to meld with them.

This one seems important. Can you post a savegame? AI not sending Magic spirit in later game, that was an issue I spotted and tried to correct in Insecticide. So I would like to see an example when it does not work.

Gah forums wont let me upload save games.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n73ssbj4fed22tu

Try this, lo pan is helping to defend my nodes but won't steal them with magic spirits.

Got it. Thanks!

1.40l - New version is out!
A lot of changes, big update. New options, some bug fixes, AI advancement. - Enjoy!

Version 1.40l
------------------------
- [bug] Armaggedon does not destroy all pacifying effects, it just increases rebels by 2
- [bug] ditched all (?) the stupid dispel bugs I've put in the game (please report any further problems with dispels!)
- [bug] AI is now able to create all magical items from the whole power range
- [bug] new items, written by player with use of itemmake.exe, will now have correct book prerequisites

[Image: magic023.png]

- [game option] new world size, "Huge", is 33% bigger than Large. It creates a huge continent to fight for.
- [game option] new difficulty level "Extreme", a middle step between Hard and Impossible.
- [game option] new choice for magic strength, ranging from 0.5 - 2.5 x normal (strength of lair monsters, the rewards and the mana from nodes)

- AI now tries to protect his fortress with better defense
- AI mercenary hiring decision has notably improved
- AI will occasionnally buy a magical item from the merchant

-it is now impossible to get better hero by reloading before a summon
-it is now impossibe to get better reward from lair by reloading before the battle

[Image: magic005.png]

- [intfce] all hidden To hit and To defend bonuses are now displayed in the detailed unit infobox.

kyrub Wrote:1.40l - New version is out!
A lot of changes, big update. New options, some bug fixes, AI advancement. - Enjoy!

Wow that was quick! Good thing I didn't play too far into my latest campaign. Will ditch that and try 1.40l. Looking forward to see how the 4/Huge/Impossible/2.5x setting plays...

I have a feeling I'll get my ass badly kicked now that hero/item farming is out. But that saves a lot of time too lol I used to waste a lot of time replaying battles to get better items and spells. Heroes at least only required pressing "Next Turn". Now I'll really have to rely on good decisions (and some luck) instead of just casting the game's most powerful spell: Load Game.