For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

Kandros of the Clan - How many powers of 2 do you need?

Killed a goblin with Tok, down to 2.2 health and got the poison malus, but up to 11/10, so should be even stronger next turn so can kill the goblin and probably get up to 14/17 XP. Other than that, nothing happened, as I revolted to Agrarianism but stayed in Religion civic (Nationalism is worth nothing to me...)
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Erm...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1305.jpg]

3 poison goblins. 5 poison archers. One C4, 2.1/4 wolf rider.

Leeroy!
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Not Leeroy, but Brave Brave Sir Robin.

Why move him on a forested hill (costing three moves), if your Wolfrider doesn't even get defensive bonusses?

Because it's a hill so I have a better idea of if I have to run away. Before i moved there I checked every tile except the tile to the NW of the hill for barbs.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOOY JJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIINNNNNSSSSSSSS!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1308.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1311.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1309.jpg]

What's the limit for XP against barbs?

Quote:What's the limit for XP against barbs?

That's what, level 9? So theoretically C5 + F3 + Mobility 1+2?

I'll just try to farm him up on those goblins and go choke Amelia I think.

Why did you risk a nice unit on a dangerous battle like that?

Multiple reasons. There is a griffon around to the SE, that would frankly pwn Tok if they met unless Tok was at full health, and I don't where the griffon is. Goblins swarmed Selrahc so I know that there are a bunch around - I appear to be in the middle of them but I don't know if there are yet more near by, and I learnt from the goblin that got eaten by said griffon that it's a bitch to run away and try to heal when you have the poison promotion.

I mean, I might still lose him, even though he should promote up to 2.3 health (so, stronger than he was) but his loss isn't going to be game breaking. He is really far away so I don't see him critical to my defence (and I don't really see Amelia as that threatening). I don't need a high level unit to build the FotT even if I were to tech in that direction which I'm not. I don't really envision getting contact with the players on the other side of the map for a while, because of the sheer number of barbs around. I'd like to choke Amelia but it's going to take 10 turns just to get Tok healed to full health with no combats (which there obviously are going to be with that many goblins).

Sure, it was reckless, but 20% chance to get another promotion to heal him back to where he was health wise, and still run away, versus dying...eh, I wanted to take the gamble. Especially at the Brave, Brave Sir robin jibe.

Or maybe I just wanted an excuse to post the video.

Leroy!