I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

Kandros of the Clan - How many powers of 2 do you need?

Krill Wrote:Oh come on, you removed the staring settler bonus?

Was the only way I could think of to make sure things started even, particularly in terms of who's close to which rush target.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

That would have been a good reason to use a large map.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Says the man who playtests his own maps to make sure that no one moves from their appointed spot without screwing themselves.

1) Aren't FFH and BtS completely different games with different strategies?

2) Tell that to rego.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Krill Wrote:That would have been a good reason to use a large map.

Yes - but then when you win, certain parties would blame *me* for that.

I just want to get out of the way and pull out the popcorn smile.
EitB 25 - Perpentach
Occasional mapmaker

Krill Wrote:1) Aren't FFH and BtS completely different games with different strategies?

True, but starting capitals have vaguely similar parameters. Although FP are much better in FFH, and plains tiles can be more useful if the happy cap crunches in on you, too.

Quote:2) Tell that to rego.

I think I have...

Mardoc Wrote:Yes - but then when you win, certain parties would blame *me* for that.

I just want to get out of the way and pull out the popcorn smile.

2nd rule of being a map maker - don't care what the players think or feel.

Cyneheard Wrote:True, but starting capitals have vaguely similar parameters. Although FP are much better in FFH, and plains tiles can be more useful if the happy cap crunches in on you, too.

I'm actually more bothered by the lack of sight FWIW. The start is fine, I'm happy to settle in place - I just don't want have to explore land when I don't have a 2 move scout which the others do have. That's a direct nerf to the CoE.

Also, I want to know what it would be like if I settled on that silk for the extra 2 commerce/turn.

Quote:I think I have...

What was the reply again?

So, somebody tell me what is right with this picture:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot1043.jpg]

What tech did we pop? Also worth noting is that the Illians got one too.

Nevermind. We got agriculture. duh.