Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PBEM / PB list

Basically we figured out that PBEMs work better. wink

(Though they do have their own drawbacks.)

Meh, I'll still take Pitboss over PBEM anyday. PBEM becomes inconvenient very quickly with more than 2-3 players and near impossible beyond 4-5 players, while Pitboss is just as easy with any number. And I much prefer bigger games. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Lord Parkin Wrote:Meh, I'll still take Pitboss over PBEM anyday. PBEM becomes inconvenient very quickly with more than 2-3 players and near impossible beyond 4-5 players, while Pitboss is just as easy with any number. And I much prefer bigger games. smile

QFT!

FYI the sequential RBP6 eliminates the main pitboss negative (in the eyes of most players) completely.

sunrise089 Wrote:QFT!

FYI the sequential RBP6 eliminates the main pitboss negative (in the eyes of most players) completely.

And hence is no faster than a PBEM.
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

Gaspar Wrote:And hence is no faster than a PBEM.

But can support more players, at least in a team setting.

Sure, it's definitely all ups and no downs for a team setting. Well except for sunrise's power going down. wink

sunrise089 Wrote:QFT!

oledavy Wrote:But can support more players, at least in a team setting.

Except that instead of the 1t a day most games have, we have a turn every 2-3 days.

WarriorKnight Wrote:Except that instead of the 1t a day most games have, we have a turn every 2-3 days.

With more players. Guys, by definition an untimed sequential pitboss has the same pace as a PBEM unless players just elect to play differently. On the other hand it's harder to cheat (if you're worried about that), easier to login to check the game at a random time, easier (though maybe not more powerful) to track, and easier to sub. The flip side is sometimes server goes down.

Now I'm not saying it's worth creating a sequential PB all of the time, as 4-5man PBEM works well. But let's not be dogmatic please.

sunrise089 Wrote:Guys, by definition an untimed sequential pitboss has the same pace as a PBEM

The exception is when a PBEM hits a snag on save chasing, which happens frequently. Most of the PBEMs here lose a day at least a couple times per month because somebody forgot to send the save or sent the wrong file or sent to the wrong place or some tracker misfired or the save landed in somebody's spam folder. Pitboss doesn't have that problem. Just for that reason, I'd prefer sequential Pitboss over PBEM if I ever were to play one.

And in general when people talk about pitboss vs pbem they really mean simultaneous pitboss vs pbem or sequential pitboss.

I don't think the facts are in dispute here, it's just that people have different priorities. There's high player count, quick pace, and no double-move rules nightmares: pick two.