I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoiler] Team slowwalk of the Reservoir Cats (Suleiman/Korea, slowcheetah + Catwalk)

I just realized that we completely neglected to examine a fairly obvious alternative: Oracle in the capital and forge in the expansion! I'm going to have a look and see if there's a way this can turn out better, maybe we can land the forge faster.

Catwalk Wrote:I just realized that we completely neglected to examine a fairly obvious alternative: Oracle in the capital and forge in the expansion! I'm going to have a look and see if there's a way this can turn out better, maybe we can land the forge faster.

Yes, that is the arrangement detailed in the CFC "intermediate gambits" article... you need a food resource in 1st ring of the forge ciity for ENG purposes, and 80 hammers worth of chops and hammers... all under 5 turns. In the article that means a lot of pre chops, which waste worker turns. :-(

What size is the capital when it starts building the forge? If it's size 4 we can two pop whip for 40 hammers.

Ok just remembered we probably don't have slavery.

Just played the turn; copper is in the floodplains wonderland, and I think we have met Kuro. Will probably post some screenshots later.

slowcheetah Wrote:Just played the turn; copper is in the floodplains wonderland, and I think we have met Kuro. Will probably post some screenshots later.

So, given his turn pace, are those two facts going together to make some beautiful music? :minfac:
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

We're essentially starting out with a farmer's gambit, so any plans against him will have to be postponed. Let's stick with the original Oracle plan, our first worker move isn't optimal for the reversal anyway and I'm very pleased with t32 Oracle + 4 workers and good infrastructure.

Did you do any diplo with Kuro yet? xenu tried to contact me on google chat, I take that to be a positive sign.

Besides his turnpace hasn't actually been bad yet.

I didn't do any diplomacy as of yet, probably don't want to annoy him since we're almost certainly going to pissoff sian by taking the oracle.
Copper in the floodplains was just to let you know, I don't think we should alter the current plan.

How about something like:

Hey Kuro
We ran into your cultural borders today, cutting to the chase would you be intersted in an NAP at least during the early game. We were thinking until turn 35 with the possbility of extension if we don't annoy each other too much? Not too much diplomacy to really do right now, but we'll probably have more offers when openborders/trades/overly complicated diplomatic shenanigans are available.

Kind Regards,
The Reservoir Cats

slowcheetah Wrote:Besides his turnpace hasn't actually been bad yet.

Don't mind Commodore, he's just the dungeon master trying to stir up a battle. ;-)

Ceiliazul Wrote:Don't mind Commodore, he's just the dungeon master trying to stir up a battle. ;-)

Haha, well with our current military of a warrior and a scout, I'd describe a fight as more of a tiff than a battle.

Btw catwalk I checked out the sandbox today, only got the oracle turn 33 though. However, I did manage to get the forge done in the capital in time for a great engineer (both cities were due a great person in 12 turns and i believe the capital great person is selected), note I also revolted to slavery two turns after the oracle was completed in order to double whip the forge. If we can't get the oracle done on turn 32 AND put the forge up in time then I think we should go for turn 33. After all the pyramids are the main goal.

Since our thread is looking like a bit of a textfest lately I thought I'd put some pictures up:
Here is a shot of Kuro's borders
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG]
Our 'Kuro-Killingcrazyeye' copper, and our jungle choked warrior,
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0043.JPG]
and our capital performing important capitally activities.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0044.JPG]