I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoiler] Team slowwalk of the Reservoir Cats (Suleiman/Korea, slowcheetah + Catwalk)

Key thing looks like the toroidal information, thats actually not that much of a problem for us I don't think, it means research is slowed down, so more worker turns are available before the oracle completes. We'll have to sim it out though, I'll make up a new sim in a few days. On that note im without access to civ until the 2nd so could you play the turns (if Kuro delivers it). I should have mentioned it earlier but forgot.

Diplowise I think you've done nicely, Sian is our big competition for the oracle anyway so it's not really important whether the others know about it as well, and him dropping us a hint in exchange sounds promising.

Note that he's researching Archery, that's what it says in the screenshot. I figured it'd be unfair not to let him know I'd seen it, so I tried to make sure not to put him off about it and revealed our research to him as well (show me yours and I'll show you mine!). I have a good feeling about him, he seems active diplomatically and I get the impression he appreciates diplomatically active rivals. So our chances of making a friend here should be decent, in spite of his eccentricity about NAPs.

I'm fine with playing until the 2nd, no worries.

Catwalk Wrote:Note that he's researching Archery, that's what it says in the screenshot.

Did you crop that shot after you got it, or did you stare at that sliver of the tech bar to detemine archery?

How are you doing on demo analysis?

I stared at that sliver of the tech bar smile I think slowcheetah is doing a little bit of C&D work, I'm inept and lazy as usual smoke

I talked a bit more and exchanged maps with spacetyrantxenu. He has a gold island in his NE area (our SE), meaning we probably do as well. His exploration sucks compared to ours, he hasn't even started on his arm connecting him to Sian. I think we'll be able to get the Magellan bonus if we keep trucking with our warrior and our scout. Happy new year!
[Image: T14-OurEmpireRedacted.jpg]
And the screenshots I sent him:
[Image: 4.jpg]
[Image: 3.jpg]
[Image: 2.jpg]
[Image: 1.jpg]

Nothing much has happened, trucking on with our exploration units. slowcheetah, do you agree with letting our warrior keep going in order to ensure the Magellan bonus?

Yeah keep our warrior a'truckin, magellans would be pretty sweet.

If you're in doubt, micro for next turn is to move SW with our first worker and NW with our second worker, starting on our third worker. Turn after that both will start mining the hill they're on.

More loooooong talks with spacetyrantxenu, he's a very talkative kitty.
[email protected] <[email protected]> 3. jan. 2012 23.06
Til: [email protected]
spacetyrantxenu: holler!
mig: MEOW
spacetyrantxenu: is holler a Danish word or is it just holler! ?

mig: It's just holler

spacetyrantxenu: lol, i thought so

mig: We have a similar word "halløj" which basically means "howdy"
spacetyrantxenu: hmmm, i can't readily type that one without opening charmap.exe, i think i'll stick with holler

mig: It's alt + 0248
spacetyrantxenu: more keymap to learn, i guess. all i know is é and è from taking french classes 10+ years ago

anyway

I'm chatting it up with my ded-lurker / brother and we're discussing the map since you and i exchanged maps. we're tryng to put together a dotmap

mig: We have news to report

spacetyrantxenu: oooo? do tell!
mig: We know why Kuro is so slow on his turns

spacetyrantxenu: you've DoW'd me and razed my capital?

well this should be good.

mig: We sent him a complimentary truckload of catnip when we first met

He misread the dosage instructions

spacetyrantxenu: lol

mig: And has been running around ramming his head into furniture

Makes it hard to play turns on time

So we feel responsible

spacetyrantxenu: does that also mean Kuro is a cat?

mig: We think he's more of a dog, really

spacetyrantxenu: because i thought only cats were susceptible to the power of catnip.
mig: Big and clumsy

spacetyrantxenu: ooo, i see.

mig: We make catnip experiments on anyone
spacetyrantxenu: i've not tried it myself. Kitten huffing on the other hand....

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kitten_Huffing

mig: I assume you're talking from second hand experience there
Otherwise that would really complicate relations

spacetyrantxenu: I remember a while back in an email you mentioned discussing plans for the tundra area but we never really got into it. do you care to discuss that? maybe not a border agreement, as such, since we republicans don't care for those, but a way for us to both settle the area ahead of our other rivals and not feel like we've used each other's sandboxes?
i hear that upsets cats, when other cats use their sandbox.

oh no, we republicans are of course against huffing anything, legal or otherwise. we have to keep up the pretense of a war on drugs.

mig: It would make great sense to us to settle land before our rivals got there

Very good battle plan
spacetyrantxenu: i don't remember if you have AH or not, but you've seen where your horse are, right?

mig: Yes, you showed us
spacetyrantxenu: btw, my ded-lurker Boldly Going Nowhere sends his regards. I was going to invite him to the chat but he reminds me that now is time for him to leave the office and apparently he only does RB stuff at work, however that works out

mig: Send him our best

spacetyrantxenu: he says we should "murder the save holder"
mig: Tell him he's welcome to drop by for catnip anytime

spacetyrantxenu: reply: "ha

alrighty. gotta go meow.:

mig: He'll make a fine kitty
spacetyrantxenu: i think on our team somehow i got cast as the 'good cop' when i desperately wanted to be 'bad cop.'

mig: Yeah, me too

I wanted to be the cuddly kitten

We've sorted that out now

slowcheetah gets to be the bitch kitty
spacetyrantxenu: anyway, about the map. i don't want to settle up on your horses, that would be a decidedly unfriendly thing to do. i do see the river as kind of a dividing line, though, especially since it looks like there is going to be a similar river dividing each of our territories (all 4 players)

mig: Let me have a look

spacetyrantxenu: i think slowcheetah got the better end of the diplo then. i assume if relations ever get chilly between our states I'll be speaking more directly with him
mig: Actually, the original plan was for slowcheetah to do most of the diplo

He's still willing to do that, but I've sort of jumped in claws first

spacetyrantxenu: i don't think i've spoken to him yet. is he in your time zone?

mig: Yes, he's British
davidedgar360 on Google

spacetyrantxenu: he's not upset about the whole vikings conquer all of britain thing is he?

(and if viking is a pejorative term i apologize, i hope it isn't!)

mig: Not at all! We take great pride in all the killing of nuns and raping of monks that our ancestors did
Spreading culture (and our language) in the process

spacetyrantxenu: your ancestors were not known for subtlety.

but they gave us all the danelaw, did they not? hurrah
mig: Simple people, simple pleasures

spacetyrantxenu: i'm full of tangents today, i think.
mig: Okay, opened the game

Those rivers do indicate a natural partition, yes

spacetyrantxenu: back to the topic, i would like to maintain good relation with team kitty because as i have three kitties myself i find it necessary to maintain good relations, or suffer myself to be sometimes painfully clawed. to prevent that i'd rather not have to run settlers directly into that tundra area in a settling race. especially since that isn't the first rate land available to us
*to either of us

mig: Let me cross check with the screenshots I have
We got one from Sian earlier, when we met him

spacetyrantxenu: i don't have full map knowledge up there yet but from what i see i think the silver would be in my territory. unfortunately to place a city in a good location near it that would endanger getting your horses very close to my borders, which i would like to avoid for the sake of good relations with your team

mig: You will find me very indecisive today

spacetyrantxenu: i would hate for you to have to invade and attempt to remove an offending forward planted city, like sleeping moogle had to do with adlain in PB4
mig: Being on a team and having to consult makes an excellent excuse for stalling, I'd be a poor leader not to take advantage of that

spacetyrantxenu: i want to avoid pink dotting your team, since i'd like to be friends

mig: That would be greatly appreciated

spacetyrantxenu: by all means, stalling is a very valid tactic.

of course if you stalled to the point of rushing a settler to the spot in question, that would not be very friendly
mig: The map does seem to present some unique challenges in making a proper dotmap

The horse is giving us all kinds of headaches

spacetyrantxenu: from my guess, the spot with wheat is about 2 to 2.5 ring to your capital, and is obviously in your area not mine. i will not snipe it. but we are in agreement that the river is a good line to not cross with a city plant?
yeah, it looks like commodore wanted things to be interesting in this area
mig: I'm honestly a little confused about where exactly the natural line of partition is

As it's deliberately not completely symmetrical

The north and south rivers don't align, for example

spacetyrantxenu: i'm not saying i want to rush that area (on my side of the river) and settle right away, that looks like the kind of land you'd save for as late as possible. i would actually like you to settle the horses before i go for the silver so that you have a head start on a cultural battle for your horse tile. that seems most fair

i think the zones rotate a bit counter-clockwise, right?

mig: There is another silver in there somehow, trying to dig up Sian's screenshot

Have you explored any in his or Kuro's directions?
spacetyrantxenu: oh really? i only see the one. i assumed there would be a different if rare happy resource on the other side

my scout is heading that way now but it's all hills and forests that he seems to find

i've only seen your screenshot of kuro's land and have seen nothing of sian's

i only assume his is similar to mine since we are opposite of each other
mig: Hmm

Seems there's 4 silvers

All in between two players

Ie. one between you and me, one between me and Sian and so on

All off to the side
spacetyrantxenu: so there is one between me and kuro?

mig: There should be, although we don't have visibility on it with our exploration

spacetyrantxenu: hmm

mig: We plowed straight through the tundra
spacetyrantxenu: if that's the case hopefully we're all good neighbors and no one goes for 2 silvers smile

mig: Well

I think we should be good neighbours

And both grab our western silver

Then either negotiate for the one between us and flip a coin

That way we get 2 out of 3

spacetyrantxenu: with that said, we don't have to wait until 1000 AD to get that area settled.
lol, i like your idea

mig: Or if we want to be really good friends with everybody, we just agree to take one each
spacetyrantxenu: ack, work....back in a few minutes

mig: I really have to run off for bed, though

I'll be available for more talks in the coming days, and I think slowcheetah will too

His new year celebrations apparently lasted about 4 days

Or maybe more like 1 day + 3 days of downtime
At first glance, it seems difficult for us to grab the silver by Sian
He has much better access to it than us, we're blocked by peaks

He can put down a good city with silver in its first ring, we can only make a second ring city
I will post these logs in the channel, if that's okay with you

And we'll talk lots more on this matter

As always, it's a pleasure dealing with your dictatorial highness
5 minutter
spacetyrantxenu: sorry back now
sure, post whatever you like in your thread. only make Mao as menacing as possible, if you don't mind.

mig: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...XYQvQ_Z-fJ

spacetyrantxenu: i'm leaving work now, too. if you'd like to discuss the matter further i'll be available again in a few hours or os

mig: Menacing enough?

I'm afraid it's late here, I'm off for bed
spacetyrantxenu: do i dare click that link on a work PC?

mig: Yes

spacetyrantxenu: lol, nice

you've been saving that one, i see

mig: No, first hit on google smile

There's a million of those

spacetyrantxenu: ha
maybe i'll use some of those images to redact my map next time we exchange

anyway, i'm leaving the office now. have a good evening and farvel.

mig: Would be very appropriate

You too
There seems to be 4 silver in the tundra area as mentioned in the chat, all of them located in between two players. We can only verify two of them at present, but it seems fairly certain given how symmetric resources have been so far. We will have a hard time reaching the silver between us and Sian, so it's pretty important that we secure the one by spacetyrantxenu. He seems open to that idea, provided he gets confirmation that he can grab a silver over by Kuro.

Played and sent. Started both the workers on mines, we're now at t17 in the micro plan. Next worker comletes in 3 turns, after that our settler will be chopped out and be ready in time for Priesthood. Oracle, here we come jive

Explored a little more, nothing much to report. Found Kuro's worker hanging out near his capital, so he's definitely not a threat for Magellan's. That leaves Sian, and I'm pretty sure he sent his scout up our NE arm. Unless he sent his warrior down past Kuro, this means we have little competition! A single fast moving scout might be able to beat us, we've lost a few turns here and there with both our warrior and scout. In other news, my wife decided to mess with my account settings.

Kuro has two workers chopping the same forest, guess he's putting out a settler. I will leak this information to spacetyrantxenu, it may be of interest to him.
[Image: exploration-4.jpg]
Our scout and warrior will be able to meet up in 3 turns, I think. This confirms our theory about the map, the jungle area in the middle forms the halfway point between ourselves and Kuro. Will be interesting to see if his FP area resembles ours.