I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[Spoiler] Team slowwalk of the Reservoir Cats (Suleiman/Korea, slowcheetah + Catwalk)

I'd say it's very likely the flood plains are contested, so we can probably assume one of our opponents is up there somewhere.

I agree with letting our warrior circle back now. I think our scout should hug the cost for one more turn, I don't find it unlikely that resources would be put in tundra territory.

Catwalk Wrote:. I think our scout should hug the cost for one more turn, I don't find it unlikely that resources would be put in tundra territory.

There are almost certainly some resources down there, I suppose the crucial one early game is the possibility of copper, be useful to know once we get bronze working. Also be useful to know whether the tundra is truly our backlines or if there is a landbridge or something there.
In summary I agree with the scout still hugging the coast. (That was rather longwinded wasn't it :P)

Catwalk Wrote:First three lurkers who report enthusiastically will get their names on the opening picture smile

Not sure I want any part of that picture, but i'm looking foward to frequent reports...

Cheetah, I'm impressed with yur numbers anaysis, keep it up!

slowcheetah Wrote:Just for some info: I had a brief look at mids completion times in previous PBEM's

Sumdood built them in 25g, without stone on t56... I can tell you that it set me back quite far on workers and improved tiles, and generated instant bad diplo from the non-feline players in that game. But the extra happiness is also the only thing keeping my economy afloat at the moment.

Catwalk Wrote:If we attract any interested lurkers I'd like to provide very frequent updates for this game. If interest is lower, updates will probably be every few turns. First three lurkers who report enthusiastically will get their names on the opening picture smile

Frequent updates would be good. smile No picture, though -- wouldn't want to scare off small children and random passers by. :neenernee

Ceiliazul Wrote:Not sure I want any part of that picture, but i'm looking foward to frequent reports...

haphazard1 Wrote:Frequent updates would be good. smile No picture, though -- wouldn't want to scare off small children and random passers by. :neenernee
No such luck! The two of you get a kitty cat each in the opening picture, and so does Commodore. Ceiliazul gets the bold menacing one, haphazard1 gets the cautious one staying back and Commodore gets the sneaky one who's about to wander off.

Catwalk Wrote:No such luck! The two of you get a kitty cat each in the opening picture, and so does Commodore. Ceiliazul gets the bold menacing one, haphazard1 gets the cautious one staying back and Commodore gets the sneaky one who's about to wander off.

We treat lurkers nicely here, when they comment we force a new catlike persona onto them , as all good hosts should :neenernee:

slowcheetah, did you feel like making us a [strike]litterbox[/strike] sandbox to play around with? There is no pressing need yet, but if we're going to use one it'd be nice to have one when our first worker is done. I'm not planning on making one, so no worries if you're not going to either.

I've actually been in the process of making one, havent really used it yet (would like to know what the second city tiles are). Currently it's got a flat wrap though so I may need to make it again. I'll send you the worldbuilder file at some point in the next few days when we have a few more tiles revealed. Unless you would like it now?

Later is fine. Probably best to start over and get it all correct from the start if you have the time, else we'll be banging our heads later on over tech costs being too inaccurate.

What are your thoughts so far on building and tech plans? We haven't seen any sites yet that scream "SETTLE ME", and standard play seems to be two workers first from what I've seen. Not really sure what we'd be using the second worker for, though. We can probably complete AH by the time the corn farm is done, letting us improve our second good tile.

How would you feel about letting the warrior keep exploring and just pop out a second one? We'll need to produce one anyway for growth, unless we want to start early on Stonehenge.