I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS - PBEM29] spacetyrantxenu - Mao of Babylon

dazedroyalty Wrote:I'd like to officially vote for concession.

Well, you were right about the idea, wrong about the timing. That was quick.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

it's tough - dazed was completely unprepared for the marine assaults, with warriors and archers in core coastal cities. And he wasn't in slavery, so couldn't whip 'em out.

Like I said - I don't think we would have caught Sian, but we could have done some damange.
Completed:  PBEM 34g (W), 36 , 35 , 5o, 34s, 5p, 42, 48 and PB 9, 18, 27, 57

Current:  PB 52.  Boudicca of Maya

Dazed being caught unprepared is almost laughable with as much advanced warning as he had. He knew Slowcheetah was being boated and didn't do anything about it. My impression is that he's been fairly uninterested in this game and going through the motions for a while. We'll see what his thread says when I dig through it.

But if Dazed and Slowcheetah are both wanted to end this, I'm not going to stand in their way since I can't commit time to playing anymore. I'll vote in the thread to make it official.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Just read through the thread all in one big chunk (I definitely should be working). Really nice read guys, you definitely deserve the post count victory thumbsup

You were good allies throughout the game; despite me being pissed off at the gems site 'steal'. Which was admittedly my own stupid memories fault.

At least we razed one city of Sian's in the end.

I appreciate that. For what it's worth, the "Good Cop/Bad Cop" routine that we used was the end result of honest disagreements about how to proceed with diplo, negotiations, etc. Mostly, we seemed to take a diplo hit with city site negotiations, both between your team and Dazed. My stance was more aggressive than Xenu's, based mostly on me trying to get some limited use out of the protective trait. Gotta make lemonade when dealt a shit hand. bang

I hope no one took it as intentionally misleading, but I can certainly see where it would come off that way, as we made apparent use of this a few times during the game. At one point I was much more an active turn player than Xenu, as his RL time commitments increased and participation waned. If he hadn't been a shit to me, I would have continued playing.