Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS - PBEM29] spacetyrantxenu - Mao of Babylon

Actually, the fortification is just gravy, archers get +25% defense on hills in addition to the usual terrain +25%.

Any plans for barracks?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Eventually yes, but I think for this contest we'd be better served putting those hammers into a few more units instead of a barracks since this needs to be a quick strike to prevent immortals from seeing the field.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Take a look at Combat Explained.

Commodore Wrote:Actually, the fortification is just gravy, archers get +25% defense on hills in addition to the usual terrain +25%.

Any plans for barracks?

Good catch. That bumps our odds up to 82.26%. Man, that calculator is awesome. jive

Oh, Barracks: I agree with Space--get a couple units in the field, enough to make Kuro's life hell, then some barracks. I want this thing moving ASAP. hammer

I was going to post this in the tech thread but then realized it served no point as everyone in the game has already lodged a complaint with Starfleet since Kuro has had the turn. I don't think he's checking the tech thread.

[Image: T18-KuroStillHasTheSave.JPG]

What is the RB record for longest PBEM turn held (non-agreed upon/non-paused game)? I doubt this will even approach the record but I'm curious to know if Kuro is making the attempt.

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:What is the RB record for longest PBEM turn held (non-agreed upon/non-paused game)? I doubt this will even approach the record but I'm curious to know if Kuro is making the attempt.

Personal experience, four or five days? That's of course completely unacceptable, but apparently some people are used to that.

Commodore Wrote:Personal experience, four or five days? That's of course completely unacceptable, but apparently some people are used to that.

It's not like we're talking modern warfare here. Turns take all of 5 minutes. Time to find a replacement. I've voiced this for our team, Space, in the tech thread. We're over 72 hours now. yikes

So Kuro moved the save along finally and evidently Sian played quickly. Slowwalk has it now, I've posted in the tech thread that if they can play it soon I'll get the turn in during lunch and move it back to Kuro for the weekend. If he has the save it's possible I won't slow the game down at all by being gone all weekend.rolleye

In the short term, at least until we're certain Kuro is being replaced (or not), we'll stick with the plan we have in place. Settler, found city #2, then bows from both (unless we think we can get city #3 down and producing bows in time for the attack).

It is my intention to kill Kuro if he stays as the turn player for his civ. But if he is going to be replaced I hope it is soon before we build up a strike force. I'd rather not just attack the new guy, whether it's Dazed or whoever, since they will not have done anything to us. But once we've invested the hammers in an attack force we'll almost have to use it (or tech Monarchy ASAP) to get value from the investment.

Edit: I forgot I have a ded-lurker. splat If the save comes in after I leave town but before your flight, you have the turn Number One.

The turn has been played and sent on.

Worker moves sucked, we had to waste a turn moving them back onto the cows to be in position next turn to road the FP. FP road finishes as Pottery comes in. Next two turns the workers cottage the FP. City grows to size 4 building a second bow (2/3 complete then switches to settler at size 4 working 3 specials and a FP cottage). City will go settler/settler at size 4, I think, at the end of those 10 turns a worker should be back in time to improve a 5th tile, or we can build another one. Would prefer to build the next worker at pop 5 though, so we can get an 8th unmodified hammer into play.

[Image: T19-EmpireMap.JPG]
[Image: T19-F9.JPG]
[Image: T19-Top5.JPG]
[Image: T19-NewtGingrich.JPG]
[Image: T19-Score.JPG]

Diplo is interesting right now, short version is that Sian has agreed to let Catwalk have the Oracle at the cost of a no-compete from Catwalk on the Colossus, Great Lighthouse and Great Library. If Catwalk isn't going to compete for the Colossus I'm not sure what the rush is to MC unless for forges. But apparently he had a plan to go straight for the Oracle from the start of the game, I guess from his starting techs (Mining/Mysticism). Needless to say, I won't allow Sian to build all three of the wonders Catwalk no-competed. Probably the Great Lighthouse would be the one to make a run at with all the forests NE of the capital. Either that or build a swarm of army and punish Sian for investing so much in wonderbuilding. That depends on if Kuro stays in the game, though. If he's in, we're warring with him. Anyway, if Sian built all three wonders I wouldn't find it hard to organize a cooperative action against him with Catwalk. Their relations aren't very good after so much negotiation over the Oracle.

Back to work now. Maybe more later, or maybe we'll be holding the save a while :neenernee

spacetyrantxenu Wrote:Either that or build a swarm of army and punish Sian for investing so much in wonderbuilding.

This. thumbsup I'm pushing for it becoming a meme.