Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

PBEM29 Greens Tech Thread

You're at 42h now Kuro. Are you still actively involved with the game? Given that it's early in the game, it might be easy to find a replacement if you wish to opt out. If not, please find a way to speed up your turn pace and let us know when you'll be late.

to be completely honest i suggest trying to square Kuro's spot off for someone else who doesn't hug the save for up towards 2 days at average ... (if its possible without making a social faux pas)

Has anyone emailed him?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I sent him an e-mail last night. I'm guessing he's either without internet or too busy to play. I suggest that we start looking for a replacement at the 72h mark, provided that T-Hawk will be able to hack the password for us (and has the time bow). Nothing personal Kuro, we just need to keep the game going.

Catwalk Wrote:provided that T-Hawk will be able to hack the password for us (and has the time bow).

If the game uses no mod, and the admin password is either known or empty, it's easy. Load the save into Pitboss, kick the player to AI, connect to Pitboss and reclaim the player to human with a new password. Save from Pitboss and load again as PBEM. If the option "AI Takeover" was not set at game start, you (or I) must swap in my DLL to turn it on.

There is no admin password set, as I know Macs can have problems with them. 21 does seem to be moving at a glacial but nonzero pace, emailing Kuro is still probably the best option.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Ok I sent him another email

Kuro has the save.
71 hours 45 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

Unless Kuro returns in a flash of lightning within the next 15 minutes, I place half a vote that we start looking for a replacement now. It'll likely take a while anyway, and if he returns before we find one he's welcome to resume playing.

Catwalk Wrote:Kuro has the save.
71 hours 45 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

Unless Kuro returns in a flash of lightning within the next 15 minutes, I place half a vote that we start looking for a replacement now. It'll likely take a while anyway, and if he returns before we find one he's welcome to resume playing.

Update:

This is a tracker for rbpbem29green

It's year BC-2920
Kuro has the save.
72 hours 35 minutes passed since the save has been handed on.

I recommend we start looking ASAP. Even if Kuro resumes play, I would prefer we get a player who is more intentional about either playing the turns or communicating when we should expect delay. Repeated delays as exhibited to this point, communicated or not, are unnecessarily holding up the game. Simply, if he can't play on a regular schedule (once a day usually, occasionally delayed), he should not play.

Sian, slowcheetah and spacetyrantxenu, what do you say? I think all should be in agreement before proceeding to advertise for a replacement.