I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Eridan Ampora's Little Shop of Hipsters(Kuro - Justinian of Persia)

And with no Demo changes this turn, only scouting now.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0134.jpg]

Ahahaha! Gold! Incan gold!

Unfortunately for them, they're not in this game, SO IT'S MINE, MINE, MINE!

Wonder if that's a seperate island or connected southwise.

Always good to settle Gold early, ofc.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0135.jpg]

Also this. Nothing really here, so.

Kuro Wrote:Also this. Nothing really here, so.

8 Flood plains is my kind of nothing!

Ivory, crab, gold sure would be a nice city *if* sailing is in your early game plan...

Ceiliazul Wrote:8 Flood plains is my kind of nothing!

Ivory, crab, gold sure would be a nice city *if* sailing is in your early game plan...

Well, the Ivory is shared with my cap...as I said, possibly TGL?

My biggest problem is that it seems like getting a Galley out might take time. I think it might be better to settle the Fur site first to get the commerce out faster?

And by nothing, I meant more resource-wise :P

Anyway, turn report quite shortly.

Alright, so turn in.

New Demographics!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0139.jpg]

From the demo changes, along with the score changes...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0138.jpg]

As you can see here...

We can say that both Sian and Xenu discovered Animal Husbandry, as both of their soldiers jumped by 2000(I was once 1st with 6000, now I am 3rd, both of them had 6000 from The Wheel + a Warrior). We know it is AH for two reasons:

1. Four techs give 2k soldiers and due to score change but no pop change we know it is a tech. They are Hunting, Mining, Sailing and Animal Husbandry.
2. Hunting and Mining would be discovered in 5T-6T, even without any extra commerce, so they would have been discovered already, while Sailing cannot be researched as neither knows Fishing.

Ergo, AH is the researched choice.

Note that it is not possible the previous GNP descrepency is means they got Mining or Hunting, as it happened too far back to have researched either tech that fast.

In addition, Team Kitties finished their Worker this turn, as is evident by no longer having the production, everyone having 5 food and their Expansive trait.

Catwalk/Cheetahwalk:
Fishing T4
Worker T7

Sian:
Animal Husbandry T7

Xenu:
Animal Husbandry T7

Looks like I will be getting my BW and Slavery/Forest Chopping up much sooner than any of my opponents. Mmmmmmmm, yes. That's very good. That's very good indeed.

As for scouting, aside from the SCOOT you saw already...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0140.jpg]

I know I said I would flip him back, but since I can emergency a Warrior before any attack can reach me as of this turn, I decided to move to the hill for reveal and then double around. Glad I did: I should be able to get a Clams city on that Plains Hill with 4 FP...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0141.jpg]

...Then place a city here to get Crabs and the other 4 FP, splitting it so that I'm not super unhealthy and getting a food resource in both(5 FPT for each w/ a Lighthouse). I think a Great Lighthouse gambit might actually be in the cards, mostly because so far, every damn city I want is coastal. It all depends on if Catwalk looks to be going after it, though, because if he does, he hass the head start. I think I will actually go for Fishing after BW either way, for 2 reasons:

1. My Workers will probably be cutting down forests instead of improving the cows for a bit, to chop out Settlers(Imperialistic, yay!)
2. Too many seafood resources to let go to waste.

Then the next tech will depend on the state of the Great Lighthouse, which was NOT banned.

unless I am missing something, the Fur city has 7 forests, which are worth 16 hammers on Quick before Maths. 16 x 7 = 116, The Great Lighthouse is 134, so I need to get 28 hammers some other way: If I 2 pop whip a Lighthouse @ 18/40, I believe I would get the correct amount of hammers.

So if I go for the Lighthouse, I would want to get a Settler to the fur site, whip a Lighthouse @ 18/40 and chop every forest.

I believe this could also work into another possible idea: A Great Merchant farm, with 3 food resources, TGL's extra Merchant points, the fact that it'll give me commerce everywhere...mmmmmmmm.

Anyway, turn ended. We'll have to see how fast I can do it. When does the Lighthouse usually go, I wonder? Could I get it done by T50? Is that too slow?

EOT, Worker in, ofc.

Last turn report(RB wasn't working when I wanted to post it so I went to bed)

Next to be trained is, ofc, a Worker, while my current one gets to work on the Corn.

Scouting!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0144.jpg]

Sweet, that 4 FP city? Now it has Cows, too!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0145.jpg]

Hopefully there is also a viable fish city up there...

And this turn, not a damn thing happened, tile reveal-wise or demo-wise, so...

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0153.jpg]

FUCK.

(Also I am preparing an update for all the turns I missed reporting on, so yes)

Oh wait that's a Scout not a Warrior.

I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW.