I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 [SPOILERS] - The Chronicles of Nyania

spacemanmf Wrote:You only get 1XP for defending, right?
Not when you're defending at low odds of survival. You get less XP for defending, but it's not always one if you win a lucky battle. I think when you're defending it's something like half the XP that you'd get for attacking, maybe rounded down (haven't checked, someone else can probably give the real formula).
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

ASM's Warrior is giving chase - apparently out for further revenge - so I moved our Scout 2 tiles north, out of the way. There'll be a bit of unfogged territory left in that area, but unfortunately that can't be helped.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2406.jpg]

Also, we've got a promotion available for Shoryuken. What should we pick? I was thinking maybe medic, though I'm far from certain. Other possibilities are Combat 2, anti-Archery or anti-Melee. We could also leave him promotionless for now, although then he'd take 6 turns to heal where he is.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2408.jpg]
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

Why medic? Seems useless to me...

Was thinking it might be good to have a healer around for a future invasion stack. A weak unit like a Warrior has the advantage that it won't be targeted by enemy troops within a stack. Then again, a 1-move unit will be entirely useless if our army turns out to be mostly 2-move units... which it could well be if we're not lucky with Copper.

If not medic, any opinion on what we should go for? Combat 2, anti-melee, anti-archery? Or just wait and save it for later?
Lord Parkin

I say combat. It's the most useful this early in the game as a defender.

As for medic, I think I prefer the TMIT way of using a scout or something like that. If we decide do rush with 2-move units, we might as well use one of those 2-move units for a throwaway medic.

Yeah, I think it comes down to combat 2 or anti-melee, and I'm leaning towards combat 2 as well. Think I'll add the promotion now, since waiting 6 turns to heal seems a bit too much.
Lord Parkin

Added combat 2, so it's 3 turns until Shoryuken will be healed now. We won't have quite as good odds against rival Warriors compared to if we'd gone anti-melee, but we'll have better odds against Scouts and animals. Hopefully sticking around that chokepoint to our south with 4+ neighbours potentially passing through, we'll catch quite a few Scouts in our net. Maybe we'll even manage to get a 10 XP unit early on... though let's not get ahead of ourselves. smile
Lord Parkin

Turn 33 played, nothing new. We're in the top 5 cities for what's probably going to be the only time in the game, so figured I'd take a screenshot now. tongue

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2410.jpg]

Looks like HitAnyKey's capital is named "Puddle of Doom", for what it's worth. Also, it seems quite a few folks are at size 4 with us already, which is perhaps not surprising if a lot of them have good starts. One other thing I think we can deduce is that Catwalk's capital must be size 3 or below, or else he'd be on the list with the culture from the Hindu holy city.
Lord Parkin

Three turns to Bronze Working now.

Looks like some Silk over to the west of Team Googly. Pales in comparison to all their Gold, oases and flood plains, but still yet another little bonus for them later on (as if they needed it).

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2411.jpg]

In other random news: Catwalk's capital entered the top 5 cities at #1 this turn, after growing to size 4.
Lord Parkin

It seems HitAnyKey's Scout has run into us.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2412.jpg]

We can potentially attack next turn (when we're fully healed) at 95.6% odds, assuming he doesn't play first. Should we do so? I'm inclined to because of the XP, but then he's asked us not to in the public thread.

HitAnyKey Wrote:Lord Parkin, the Roadrunner has just run on over to the area where your warrior has stationed himself. We humbly request that you let him pass by so that he may do just a little bit more exploring of the world before his time comes to an end. If you recall, I was kind enough not to harass your scout when we met a not long ago. wink
Not sure we want to get the reputation of "scout killer" amongst the other players, and not sure we want to annoy our neighbour to the south/east when the ones to our west have already sent units our way. But also not sure we want to let that scout freely roam through our land and discover what we have/don't have. Hmm, tough call.
Lord Parkin