I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RBP7 [SPOILERS] - The Chronicles of Nyania

nabaxo Wrote:May I ask why you are scouting with our fucking warrior? D:
As I said earlier, the absolute minimum distance between civs will be 7-8 tiles on this kind of map. Hence why I mentioned I'd send the Warrior 1-2 tiles further and then send him back. Don't worry. smile

Lord Parkin Wrote:Think we should explore one or two tiles further north at most with the Warrior, then send him back to the capital. Better safe than sorry. Although it should be at least 7-8 turns before anyone can reach us with their Warrior (judging by the minimum distance between civs in my test maps), and even then they'd have to send it directly towards us while leaving themselves open (or not going Worker first).
Can send him back next turn if you're really concerned, although I seriously don't think there's anything to worry about with being 3 tiles away on Turn 2. wink
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

We have now two scouts, no need to scout with our warrior as well. wink

nabaxo Wrote:We have now two scouts, no need to scout with our warrior as well. wink
Yeah, fair point. Righto, we'll head him back next turn then. smile
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

The exploration continues.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2341.jpg]

Well, there's a Deer and Fur resource amongst the tundra. Not a great spot for any city, but if we need the happiness it could be an option if we can safely expand that far.

Across to the west, we found two flood plain tiles, which might make a city on the desert hill half respectable after a border expansion. I just hope we can safely expand that far... it's an awfully long way to go for a second city in the early game, and could leave us vulnerable.

Our Warrior Hadouken is heading back to the capital as suggested. He'll be there in 2 turns.

Oh, and we've found a hut which we can explore next turn. Hopefully we'll get a tech. Meiz got a free tech this turn, bringing the total up to 4 civs with free techs... hopefully we'll increase that number. We could certainly use any free tech we can get given our position. smile
Lord Parkin

Looks like Mackoti and SevenSpirits finally settled this turn. So the list of turns that capitals were founded looks like this:

T0: 8 players
T1: 9 players
T2: no-one
T3: 1 player

Three turns without settling corresponds to rather a lot of lost research and production! I wonder if they found a site good enough to compensate for that.
Lord Parkin

Ok, so that hut gave us 36 gold. Not bad, but not a tech either.

Nothing interesting to the north, just one more Fur and more tundra and snow. To the south:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot2342.jpg]

Hello, another hut. We'll grab that next turn.

As for the land form... well, it looks like it doesn't circle around to our south like I was hoping. It's cut off by coast. Darn, that makes that blocking peak even more annoying, because to settle anywhere in the vicinity of the Scout we'll have to move 3 extra tiles compared to if it wasn't there. Probably not possible to settle that area anytime soon even if it turns out to have some luscious resources, as it's just too far away with that blocking peak.
Lord Parkin

Oh, and we haven't met anyone yet, for those wondering. SevenSpirits claimed in the public player thread that he'd made contact with us, but it's not true (at least not yet anyway). Not quite sure why.

What the heck, let's play along and pretend we've met him too. Could be fun. lol
Lord Parkin

Prepare tactical Nyan-based weapons:

[Image: 663qC.jpg]

Erm... think that's a bit tasteless, dude. I'm generally okay with almost anything, but that would qualify as crossing a line from funny to uncomfortable. wink
Lord Parkin

There's a bit of land for us to settle I see. Not the greatest cities, but there can be a decent amount of them. Now I'm curious as to what lies directly to the south of our capital.