Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

I needed the workers to chop out my capitol and this city is like 10 tiles away so I decided it would be more efficient to build locally. I also decided it wasn't worth growing the gold city since it would take 8 turns to grow on a FP so I slow built it at my FP city.

Taking it was more for the purposes of defining borders and future potential rather than the immediate payoff of developing it. However, my worker finishes next turn so I can finally get that dry corn done smile.

Also since I lack metal I'm getting HBR first since I need some sort of offense.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Well saved my archer without resorting to anything particularly evil. TT must have around 7 warriors scattered around, alone they are nothing but they are in position to zerg my stuff.

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

So here is my civ

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0218.jpg]

Notice worker and settler.
Finally Growing.

Haiku

Anyway, the worker/settler/pottery timing worked out pretty well. I'm not sure if I should grow BtS on a granary yet. With all the warriors and the fact I have no metals, an archer may be more prudent... I dunno really.

I'll probably go with granary first. That is generally recommend for FP hammer poor cities right? Anyone? I may need the archer sooner or later because of what I'm going to try to do over the next 2 turns:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0219.jpg]

Imma gonna try to double move his city up there with 2 archers. I think he only has a single warrior there. Who knows, he doesn't update his thread much so maybe you guys don't even know...?

So after TT plays next turn, I'll move Eastern Archer 1E of Oasis to check warrior numbers, then I'll move Hill archer onto the Oasis to wall his woody warrior. If that warrior goes for my city, I'll kill it on the gold hill and I get an almost guaranteed warrior. If there's only 1 warrior there I'll just attack it with 2 archers to guarantee a win.

Well Sometimes It's Better to Be Lucky Than Good.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0227.jpg]
70% to take the city, I'll take that!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0228.jpg]
And 97.3% to kill the warrior. How nice!

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0229-1.jpg]
I however didn't account for the fact that his borders popped and now I'm at 30%... :| 20% culture/fortify defense. Suddenly things don't work out so well. Oh well, I move my archer over to cover my other archer. Unless he swarms me with warriors and double moved warriors, he can't kill my archers.

You know, I'm having second thoughts about the Horsie Chariot Zerg of Mongolian Ubermoving. I already have an advantage with the double gold and the hammer exchange between us (0 vs 45 and 1 Tile Improvement + 3/4 lost worker turns. I'm winning but not by that much and I really don't think I can break TT without a source of copper of my own. HA don't really work against double move spears and I don't really want to watch the clock like a fiend anymore.

Also this isn't a duel game, this is a 18(17) player AW FFA so I should really try to not go for high risk high reward things like a potential stalemated invasion against TT. The only people who really gain from that are our neighbors and LP is a total stinky buttface and I'm not really inclined want to help him out at all.

So I'm switching my research over to writing and I'm going to focus on developing my research so I can out research him in the short term. I'm also going to try and get some metal to use against TT's revenge so here's my plan:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0230.jpg]

I believe this is more in the spirit of the game.

Hey hey, that was bad luck with the border pop...

Just wanted to know why you referred to LP in that way? I couldn't recall anything untoward...

Well personally I'm annoyed at his smugness from PB4. Yeah we lost and he out played us on the diplo-front but I think some of the things he did and said rubbed several of us the wrong way. Also, we never really fought him in PB4 so its fitting that I try to murder him in this game given how poorly the whole dogpile went.

Other than that he's a nice guy and I don't really mind him. Like if Rego was playing, I'd totally try and kill him more than LP.

antisocialmunky Wrote:Other than that he's a nice guy and I don't really mind him. Like if Rego was playing, I'd totally try and kill him more than LP.

lol

Duly noted for any and all future games with you!!! ;-)

antisocialmunky Wrote:Yeah we lost and he out played us on the diplo-front but I think some of the things he did and said rubbed several of us the wrong way.

nod

antisocialmunky Wrote:Other than that he's a nice guy and I don't really mind him. Like if Rego was playing, I'd totally try and kill him more than LP.

nod
I've got some dirt on my shoulder, can you brush it off for me?

regoarrarr Wrote:lol

Duly noted for any and all future games with you!!! ;-)

Go back to stalemating PBEM23 plz.

1 Spear + 2 Warriors vs 2 Archers and 1 Warrior?

Who shall stalemate better!?