I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

Please use Silent Service as a city name!

I like the idea of aggressively settling the TT-void area - I guess the land SW of you doesnt look that appealing?
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

It's jungle and I gave much of the jungle to Catelkwalkad. I actually have quite a bit of space.

I was going to do Pirates but Silent Service sounds better for a Moai 16 ocean tile city.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Chariotuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
City Management Dump:
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0262.jpg]
Colonization is humming reasonably well, settler in 6 with chop. I'll have 1 worker transfer up north to help set up the road for the settler and to start prechopping for a library in Covert Action (copper stealer). I'll probably build a single warrior so I can grow and then make workers.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0263.jpg]
Civilization is cranking military and will fit in a WB since I an stretching the food resources quite thin. Finish Chariot WB, Chariot Chariot.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0264.jpg]
BTS as usual had some great concepts behind it but was poorly executed in many ways. tongue

Binary science allows me a nice opportunity to grow working the FPs and then swap to the Golds to actually research. I don't remember exactly but I can get #2 or #3 in GNP at 100% research with a 10 turn HBR.

As for TT, I'd be inclined if he just keeps an archer in the queue and whip at size 2. Seriously, LP can deal with that, he has a scouting chariot ducking in and out to spy on the slowly increasing numbers of archers. I have better things like taking his copper and pillaging his junk to do.

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Actually scratch that, 12 turns for HBR and #5 just working the gold. In Max commerce config, I can get #4.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0268.jpg]

12 turns for HBR, 36/3=12 turns of gold and 12 turns for the Settler to be built and walked all the way over to the copper city. Probably faster if I add a whip to finish it off.

Well crap, atleast I have a settler in 3. I'll repopulate it, go HBR -> IW (NEED METAL) and expand south and west. Can't contest LP.

Anyone want to replace me? Like I said, I underestimated the amount of stress playing this in a way I would enjoy the gameplay itself (I have to watch for all of LP's logins) at this point.

Why is that so? Can't you defend your cities so they aren't threatened by a double move? I think that may have been the intent of the setup, that double moves are just going to happen in a simultaneous game.

Nah I signed up for that but Parkin is controlling the clock on me, I won't ever properly be able to go second and then first in a war with him since I'm fairly sure that his window of inaction (around the mid-day for him) occurs after I leave home and before I come back. In addition, I have 30 minute commutes or I have to do something (like Taco bell yesterday) so even if I camp the turn EGREGIOUSLY (logged in for 3 hours straight) unless someone is colluding with me, the chances of me playing second are slim to nill except on weekends if people are quick to play the turns.

I signed up to play a game with double move but not handicapped in such a way. The same thing occurred with TT when I was trying to double move him but neither of us had such an advantage as that or I would be +2 workers.

If anything, I need someone available to play him WHEN the turn flips or I am disadvantaged on 2 movers atleast. Otherwise I think that it will just be unfun if I have to do a long war with him if he is able to double move and then move first (meaning I can't double move his exposed units).

4 Chariots, and I've got no metal or natural production. :D

Why did you wander your spear out tongue

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0278.jpg]

I can cripple his attack at the cost of 2/3 archers. IE, 2/3 archers move in to do damage and then the chariot runs in to finish one and an archer finishes the chariot off. 75 for 60 but he can't take TT's city. TT should have 1 spear and 2 archers. But I HAVE TO MOVE FIRST. Swapped to chariot before settler since there's no frigging way to hold the city and the tile improvements. Not that this will really hurt LP unless he has like 0 workers and decides to rebuild his chariots since those 30 hammer chariots have gotten him several hundred hammers.

Fat chance.

Hmmm... I wonder if I can get another player to help me.