Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

C&D quickie, from chat w/ ASM:
Average Rival Power, T0: 4470.
Average Rival Power, T1, after Slowcheetah grabbed a tech himself: 4588

That's a 2k power difference over 17 civs. Slowcheetah (Wang Kon/Inca) is a Myst/Agri start.

So, possibilities:
1) AH, as he claims in the thread. Would be a real nice pickup, if so, on a start like ours.
2) Mining. About as good.
3) Hunting: Not so much.
4) He got Fishing, and someone else popped a warrior. Doubtful; someone's going to fess up there. And I'm half-expecting someone to "bounty" you for getting Archery this early...your power is now 14k, which is going to SCREAM Archery to anyone with a lick of C&D, and the patience to check starting tech power (and neither you nor Slowcheetah start with Mining, so an early BW is obviously out).

I don't think he's telling the truth, especially since there are TWO ways he could be lying. But hard to say.

Going to need another Power update with this turn. HitAnyKey popped a tech.

T2

My Cap
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0077.jpg]

Rival Max: 8000
Rival Average: 4705
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0078.jpg]

T3
!
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0079.jpg]

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I DON'T CARE ITS 8 TILES AWAY, THAT'S CITY #2.

I think the game has been quite good to me so I think I'll just run my warrior back home... Hope we are atleast 9 tiles apart.
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0080.jpg]
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Can you try to remember to press Ctrl+R when you enter the game before taking sceenies? Makes it a lot easier to follow what the map is like. Hit Any Key could have gotten most anything; his tech presumably added 2k to his power.

Met Twinkletose, he sniped that hut I was looking at. It looks like civs might be 16 tiles away or so.

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0081.jpg]

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

T4
Not much happens so here's a demo thing:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0082.jpg]

Make sure Meiz is welcomed to the popped a tech club in the Dogpile thread?

I'm sure someone will notice it eventually and interrogate him. :]

I also WBed the start finally. It seems like it'll be pretty much impossible to get a archer fast with going agriculture first (takes til like turn 30). Oh well.

Also AH 2nd seems suboptimal since that delays BW and I can't really work anything other than forests. I think it will be a better idea to go fishing. That opens up the lake tile as well as the 2 clams tiles. My cap will grow like a weed and then probably switch to working all tree tiles or something...

Hmmm so far the most reasonable strategy seems like:

Agri -> AH -> Fishing -> Mining.

I suppose the big question is whether or not I want to do a fast settler for city #2 or archer -> settler -> settler. I have a decent build that gets me a settler at 39 and 48. Its just kinda tough to deal with these crap techs...

In the mean time, since I got archer - can anyone thing up a good civ related arrow to the knee joke?

Some ponies for inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/user/XtremeScope