I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

I used to be a choker like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

antisocialmunky Wrote:In the mean time, since I got archer - can anyone thing up a good civ related arrow to the knee joke?

If one of your cities gets ruined for any reason, like pillaging or slaving or losing tiles to culture, you can rename it "took an arrow to the knee".

Ya, dramas!

T5

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0083.jpg]
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Huh: Someone's at SIX food this early while still size 1. That means someone necessarily settled on a 3f tile (sugar or bananas are a frequent target IMO), and are working a 3f tile (uh...almost anything).

Are you sure someone just didn't settle a FP and work another FP?

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Yes. Settling on a Flood Plain removes the flood plain from the map. Permanently (i.e., a razed city is now a river desert of junkiness). Otherwise people would ALWAYS settle on flood plains given a choice.

Like I said in my PB6 thread, I'm bad at civ and I hope I meet someone even worse at civ warfare.

T6/T7 Demo Screens
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0083-1.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0084.jpg]

Not much is happening so far or all that interesting on the demo screen since T8, met Catwalk's scout and found TT's cap:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0085.jpg]
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0086.jpg]

He's really close to the double gold so I guess I have 2 options, if he takes it before me, I will take horses and capture it. Otherwise I'll try and rush a warrior + settler there.

Lol, I accidentally set mining instead of AH for 2 turns. Now I'll behind and I'll need to build a random road to kill time.

So I ran some WB tests, results are when I get my settler:

A) Size 3 Working FP + Rice + Cows = Settler @ 36 + 7 Turns left on BW + 2 Farm, 1 Pasture, 1 Road + Archer in 2 Turns
B) Size 2 Working Rice + Cows = Settler @ 34 + 9 Turns left on BW + 1 Farm, 1 Pasture, 4 Road + Archer in 5 Turns

I'm 9 turns away from the double gold, so I'll send out a warrior at T27 to sit there. I'm not sure if it will be successful but gotta try I guess. Carthage has worse techs than me for this sort of race. GoGo Roads!

So all in all, going with B will get me the city on turn 38. In the interest of full disclosure I know someone was interested in the lurker thread so T thought you would want to know smile