Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Tales of Munky Island

Since not that much is going on, lets do something random as I have the custom of doing:

Random Interesting Story of the Day (RISOTD):

Quote:Hero of the Soviet Union recipient T. Kuznetsov survived the crash of his Il-2 in 1942 when shot down returning from a reconnaissance mission. Kuznetsov was able to escape from the wreck and hide nearby. To his surprise, a German Bf 109 landed near the crash site and the pilot began to scrounge around the wrecked Il-2 for souvenirs. Thinking quickly, Kuznetsov ran to the German fighter and used it to fly home, barely avoiding being shot down by Soviet fighters in the process.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2

See, noobs get their rides jacked just like in Battlefield.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Since its nearly Friday over here, here's one for tomorrow!

What wins in a fight, Wolverine or Polar Bear?
[Image: wolverinepolarbear.jpg]

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0098.jpg]

ಠ_ಠ

RISOTD for Saturday

Why is the ANZAK film industry awesome?

LotR? - Kinda
CrocDundee? - Close
Mad Max? - Getting Warmer

http://vimeo.com/35546493
[spoiler]
'War, War Never Changes...' tongue
[/spoiler]

RISOTD for Sunday

Do The Mario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk9oa_PiX..._embedded#!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=Kk9...w7CKnfk4JY

I kinda wish I sent out my warrior to Krill TT but oh well.

Also something for Monday:
http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/...an/100147/

Party at Parkin

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0100.jpg]

TT and Parkin. If Parkin doesn't block with his warrior 1 SE and doesn't have anything at his cap, it might be GG if TT just holds the turn. Parkin logged in while I was playing so it should be fun if there is an elimination message in 2 turns.

T Whatever
[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0102.jpg]

RITOTD:

Can anyone actually make this?
http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/tyrannosaurus.pdf

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0103.jpg]

Quote:me: I hope TT isn't going to be annoying the whole game tongue
11:15 AM LP: Likewise
He has some pretty insane land over there though
11:16 AM me: like what
I had to go around him
LP: food, flood plains and gold galore
11:17 AM you couldn't have missed it
me: it makes you wonder why he decided to zerg you instead of me
LP: attempt at fame? dunno
11:18 AM me: kill the uber farmer?
LP: maybe
me: I dunno, did he grow to size 2 on that warrior?
11:20 AM LP: he's been at size 1 all game so far
early workers/settlers for those city sites I presume
11:21 AM me: huh
LP: he may have grown on T24, haven't worked it out yet... definitely not before
11:22 AM me: so worker settler?
LP: T23 rather
or worker worker, or worker worker settler
me: well if he grew then its worker warrior settler
11:23 AM that's about what my timing war was a 3 food tile
LP: maybe. He's got a 2 hammer capital tile.
So will develop faster
me: hmmm
11:24 AM didn't factor that in
11:27 AM LP: well if he starts to pull away too far with that great start and insane surroundings, at least he's conveniently located between us...
me: are you suggesting something tongue?
11:29 AM LP: meh, see how it plays out... the lay of the land seems to naturally encourage the possibility though
11:30 AM no particular desire for any civ to sit by a neighbour with amazing land teching at an insane rate...
11:31 AM guaranteed death in the long term
me: I hope you got the full irony of that statement considering who you are talking to tongue
11:34 AM LP: Sure... wink Situation's reversed here though, I have a start that probably ranks as one of the in the game next to a guy who has one of the best.
*one of the worst
11:35 AM me: I guess
btw, is there anyone to your east?
LP: many
me: anyone contact you?
LP: you have to go south to get to them though
me: erg treez
LP: HitAnyKey, Xenu, and by the diplo thread also Plako and Mackoti at minimum
11:36 AM given who's talked about meeting who
11:38 AM me: hmmm, I haven't been following the diplo thread that much except when people get mad at me for forgetting to end turn
LP: I just skimmed through. Lots of talk about Plako killing HitAnyKey's scout, hard to miss.
11:39 AM Your scout has some XP by the way
11:40 AM me: ? he attacked it?
11:41 AM LP: I did smile
me: why, I was just watching
LP: always war, figured I could use the XP... turns out you got it
me: you shoulda taken the coin flip on the warrior
LP: I did
11:42 AM won the 50%, lost the 80% against the scout :P
me: lol
LP: Elvis is clearly THE MAN.
me: plz don't kill him tongue
11:43 AM I just want ot make friends
11:45 AM LP: won't go chasing him if he doesn't hang around
just protecting my capital

I thought you guys were only talking in the "Player Communication Thread".
If you know what I mean.

Yeah...
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18