I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

RB PB7[Spoilers] - Team Bean

The big picture:

[Image: PB737.jpg]

Decided to build roads since the forests would have slowed my workers down later anyways. Still quite a bit of way before Chili Bean can work the gold, probably at size 3-4. All my cities will grow on the next turn, but capital and Chili will be instantly whipped back to order lol

I should probably invent some long term plans real soon, since I'm already feeling out of space with 3 cities settled... 3CC or a desperate rush on someone...? Protective archers, immortals or Elkad's lands which would make my empire even more difficult to to defend... Neither of them seem like a wise choice smile

Yuris obviously did a double move and backed away, once seeing my defenses (axe+spear).

[Image: PB738.jpg]

Hopefully not too many immortals wait behind the forest, but I changed my barracks build to a spear just in case.

Capital double whipped a granary and is now working for getting my first library online.

Research goes to archery -> HBR, and the current plan is to get more cities with horse archers. We'll see how horribly that can go wrong... smile

Someone built the pyramids, so it's probably an idea to start to build some cottages soon. Right after I've built an army of horse archers that is wink. HBR coming in ~17 turns or so.

Meiz Wrote:Research goes to archery -> HBR, and the current plan is to get more cities with horse archers. We'll see how horribly that can go wrong... smile

Does this mean, "get more cities and protect them with horse archers," or "use horse archers to get more cities?" Bloodthirsty lurkers want to know! devil

At this point it does seem that if I want to have any chance in the long run, I've got to get more lands by force. And it's more fun lol

Elkad would probably not see the attack coming, since we have not invested EP's against each other. But his lands would be quite had to defend, since I'd have a very lean border to defend.

Yuris is most likely cornered, but I have a nice chokepoint to defend against his land attacks.

Slowcheetah has some very nice lands, but two sources of copper. Still, he might be relying on his protective archers instead of spears, so if I could pillage his other copper and capture his nearest copper city, I could have a chance. I'd get access to ivory as well, so that's where I'm leaning at the moment.

I haven't thought this fully through, but with my lands just sitting back and trying to out tech others is not going to get me anywhere...

HBR is in and I'll head to mathematics next. Here is the big picture:

[Image: PB739.jpg]

Stinky bean has been running scientists and my first GS will be born in three turns (for getting an academy). I still haven't built a single cottage, so two scientists and a gold mine is all I've got for research shhh

So I sent 9 double promoted horse archers against slowcheetah. His copper / ivory city was defended by 2 spears and 1 archer. I lost 3 HA's and captured the city + 2 workers who were hanging near by smile Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'll get some updated once I return from our cabin

Earlier I managed to kill one little too curious axe with my chariot. He tried to run away but it was too late tongue

[Image: PB740.jpg]

Current state of war:

[Image: PB741.jpg]

He has 1 spear, 2 archers, 2 chariots and 1 quechua in his capital. 1 chariot and 2 archers in the SE stack. I guess he emptied one of his southern cities to move these three units to reinforce. He also has one spear in the marked tile NW.

I've got 3 HA's next to his capital (pillaging), 3 HA's inside my latest city, Sad Bean (frown) and 1 HA, 1 spear and 1 axe heading to reinforce my stacks.

I've learned construction, so in the near future I'll have catapults at my disposal. Capital is getting one next turn. Too bad the ivory is under his culture, other wise I'd have access for my unique unit as well :/

[Image: PB742.jpg]

Slowcheetah (or FredBob, whoever he is :]) has also 2 spears west of ivory, while I have two catapults besides the stack in the city.

Not sure why, but slowcheetah didn't retreat his stack after seeing my two catapults. His stack was destroyed, with me losing one axeman due to unfortunate dice roll.

[Image: PB743.jpg]

We both got great generals due to the battle. Mine will go for medic 3 chariot. There is actually a settler on the same tile as the GG. I'm tired of not having my unique unit, so medicore city will be placed to get the ivory online smile

Slowcheetah has an archer and quechua in his capital. One spear and two archers next to it and two spears and a chariot in the northern forest.

Currency next turn, and then I'll start to head towards monarchy and HR.