Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Panzersmackdown with Justinian (Mack/Seven)

Founded city #5, Grim Monolith, on the stone.

A barbarian warrior moved next to two of our workers, only one of which was covered by the spear. 78.3% odds to kill the warrior on attack (since he was in a forest), and if we don't take the shot we have to retreat one of the workers, delaying Mids at least a turn. So we attacked.

Result:

The warrior is dead!
toast

t67 put a good amount of overflow and a chop into the inaugural turn of stone-stacking. Here's t68, the second investment round, with 3 more chops completing. t72 we will get the last 3 BFC chops plus the forest labeled b3? in the southeast corner, just outside our borders. It's only 8h but a) it's enough to finish off the mids and b) we'll be founding a city on that tile very soon.
[Image: pb7t69_1.jpg]

The rest of this post is from the current turn, t69.

Borders finally popped in Black Lotus so we could start pasturing the horse and guess what? the pasture already has two turns put into it from when Azza was here smile Sweet. The border pop was also highly anticipated as it extends our vision towards the pass.
[Image: pb7t69_4.jpg]

Demographics - we haven't stagnated too badly while putting the majority of our resources into wonder construction. Very close to tops in food and MFG. Absolutely terrible in GNP - that 40 you see is with 100% tech on writing. wink We need some large stone tetrahedra badly. We've got the highest land area, nowhere near the highest population though.
[Image: pb7t69_2.jpg]

But population is a silly demographic! A quick look at the victory screen shows we are doing just fine there. thumbsup
[Image: pb7t69_3.jpg]

Right now we are teching writing so we can build a library in Mind's Desire and run two rep scientists. After that we are thinking Medi-PH-CoL next to get caste, then Math and Alphabet while we pop another scientist for Philosophy (first would go to an academy). Currency is mediocre here as we only have $1 trade routes.

Are the rumors true? Can we have an update?
Kalin

Last turn:

[Image: pb7t73_1.jpg]

This turn:
[Image: pb7t73_3.jpg]

Yeah, with all that chopping we still haven't finished the next mine and now there aren't any forests to work. So it's a citizen. smile Next turn we'll work the bare plains hill and then after that the grass mine will thankfully be done.

Mind's Desire reaps the greatest benefit from Representation. Not only had it just grown into its second unhappy (on purpose because we want to grow it and whip a library) but soon it will be able to work some rep scientists.

[Image: pb7t73_2.jpg]

In summary, we claim the mackoti award. smile Hey mackoti, how often do you build mids? I've now built it in my last four games out of six total.

Nice, congrats guys! What's next now?
Kalin

well in my defence in last games i played with some maniacs which used engineers and planted directly on stone in jungle to get my precious mids.Actualy i build them in pb4,pbem9,pbem24 and this one(well you done all the micro but still i had my big share on this project) .JUst like a curiosity Seven you had same love for mids before caming at RB or you got the flue from novice , who of course get it from someon here.

You mean the Midskoti award.

The Pyramids: An excuse to never build cottages.
BTS games: PB1, PB3, PBEM2, PBEM4, PBEM5B, PBEM50. RB mod games: PBEM16, PBEM20, PB5, PB15, PB26, PB27, PB37, PB42, PB46, PB71. FFH games: PBEMVII, PBEMXII. Games ded lurked: PBEM17, PB16, PB18

Quote:The Pyramids: An excuse to never build cottages.

You know with enough food i would never build single cottage if i get mids.
As yuo know not the case for our present situationyikes