Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Panzersmackdown with Justinian (Mack/Seven)

Recent news (including that the 5 to 1 count is off, it's 6 to 1 now as we attacked their remaining stack with an axe at 92% and killed a CG2 archer). Highlighted: the spawning point of the Philistines.

[Image: pb7t90_2.jpg]
They immediately moved onto the FP, then the forest, then thankfully did not brush up against Sol Ring. So we will welcome them in Fastbond.

As you can see we haven't stopped expanding. Also our gpt at 0% tech is, er, 0, but that's only temporary as we whipped away the gold for an emergency and are growing back in 2t, and also growing onto cottages...
[Image: pb7t90_1.jpg]

Yes we've also been expanding in the war zone. After this turn's suicide attack, the pressure has eased off noticeably, and simultaneously it would be nice to have a backup copper on this side of the Longest Road. And we can't effectively use both grains in MD anymore with all the whipping eating up our happy cap.
[Image: pb7t90_3.jpg]
So plan Work Cottages For MD has been resumed!

And got another archer kill at the beginning of the next turn. So we've killed 7 units to 1 in defense of this foray and that's with (slightly) below-average combat rolls for us. If only they'd gotten what they deserved attacking Black Lotus in the first place. Oh well.

Ceiliazul Wrote:So, lets say the diplo thread was stable enough for a bit of gloating, what might you post? :needafishingsmiley:

Thank you for playing the Hunter-Gatherer slot machines. Try again?

timski Wrote:Without spoiling, Commodore's playstyle is well documented in RBPBEM 26 and 31. An extreme glass-half full philosophy, where middling, or even quite low, odds are a certainty until proven otherwise, but when proven otherwise too dramatically, their motivation rapidly dissipates. Elsewhere it's called Russian Roulette. All I can do is wish you good luck!

Yeah, I'm well aware. In fact I would say he drinks as if the glass were completely full and therefore is often left imbibing only air. I really like his attitude, though I am often disappointed by his execution.

Last turn sucked quite a bit as Mackoti took some unnecessary risks. Against normal opponents I'd say sure, we need luck, but keep in mind these are the guys who've already launched two suicidal attacks on our cities. We just have to give them some rope.

The situation was thus: Across the river from Mind's Desire, a wounded CR3 Dog, and a Spear. Mackoti attacked with our fresh axe against the dog, 67% odds, loss. And the reason this was a questionable attack became apparent: we didn't have any followup. No more axes, nothing with good odds vs the spear. Mackoti attacked it with a spear at low odds and lost, and then an archer at even lower odds and lost again, before giving up. Note: Our excellent defense so far has been primarily Mackoti's doing, so don't get the wrong idea here. I mention it merely because it was painful, but things get better. They smelled blood in the water, and pressed their advantage, but they found the advantage to be illusory...

In response, X-Com pillaged with both those units, and also pillaged with the spear-dog pair (both W2) on the plains hill mine - disconnecting the road back home. This despite the fact that we had moved two axes into range (and view) of those units. (We've been moving and ending turn before them pretty consistently, though not religiously.)

OK, turn flips and we get another axe. And now the fun can begin. I attack first his W2 dog (both the W2 units were wounded a bit btw). I could get 24% odds with a C1 axe or 12% with our experience-free one. Since it was such a big difference I sent the C1 axe to his death. He did a surprisingly low amount of damage and the second axe had not-ideal odds cleaning up, but did a good job of it nevertheless, leaving only the spear.

Since we had a new spear in Mind's Desire, I could have finished off that unit too, but it was kind of cornered anyway and there was a better target: The C1 spear + highly-wounded CR3 dog 1W of the city. The axe got like 96% against the spear, and then our 9/10 xp medic chariot took out the dog and returned to Mind's Desire with practiced ease. So 3-1 this turn so far. And we got our second great general!

[Image: pb7t93_1.jpg]

Also!! As you recall we had 6 barbarian spears beelining Fastbond. Well last turn we sent a 3xp axe out to greet them - he made friends with one of them and convinced the fellow not to be a barbarian anymore, and in return the spearman gave him 2xp. The remaining 5 spears were welcomed with open arms at the feet of our beautiful Pyramids, bringing two more fresh axes up to 6 / 5 xp respectively. So the short of it is, you know that event that gives all your axemen Shock (or is that something else? hmmmm)? Well we got a minor version of it that only gave three of them Shock, and they had to dally in our capital for a while. Overall a pleasant result.

Additionally! Here's a really great city that we were going to found but apparently we won't have to. One more axe is being produced in Fastbond this turn (we aren't going to divert a shock one!) and it will head down there as quickly as it can, traveling the whole way by road. In the meantime our charioteer pillaged a mine, producing more economic value than our entire empire does can manage in 25 years.

[Image: pb7t93_2.jpg]

What's the power graph like? What do you estimate X-Com's army to be comprised of?
I have to run.

[Image: pb7t93_3.jpg]

This is of course two turns delayed.

We seem to have slightly above mean but below median power. I don't know what X-com have right now.

So when are you going to make the Injuns Run To the Hills?

http://youtu.be/G8Qrj0VV_VY
fnord

Killed first great general, yey us.

What did it take to kill it?
Kalin

Well we lost 2 axes one 9% odds and second at 77% but its worth, at some point this lack of luck should change, until now we lost lots of batles at high odds in our favor:
Comogava atack and after that i atacke a barb warior having 92 odds and lost, loosing few batles at 67% agains Comogave,and he taking one city at 30% and we didnt won at least 1 batle at under 50% odds.

I can say RNG not very nice with us.