For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Panzersmackdown with Justinian (Mack/Seven)

SevenSpirits Wrote:Note that we have just finished a worker as well as agriculture. Soon we will improve our first food resource! lol

lol lol

Nice job on the Axe rush...and without Orthus's Axe to boot. thumbsup
fnord

OK plan.

Fastbond (the capital) puts 55h into settler while we finish the corn farm. Then Fastbond grows in 4t while worker goes to chop a forest. At size 2, Fastbond finishes the remaining 45 in 1t, since the chop arrives then too. Settler done eot49.

This settler then founds a city between rice and gold, and the capital worker follows him there to help farm the rice. This worker is a turn late but manages 2t for the 5t needed to farm the rice, along with another worker who got there from Mind's Desire. So the farm gets done in 3t and the city can therefore grow in just 6t. These two workers then naturally mine the gold, and we start working the gold t57.

The aforementioned second worker came up and roaded the gold hill, and then a desert tile, to give us a trade connection sot49. Then with two turns to kill before the city arrived, he put two chop turns into the silk forest because it's right there and why not.

Meanwhile, Mind's Desire comes out of revolt t44 and grows in three turns. It starts a settler and 2whips it the following turn. This settler has a couple options, here's one: claim the already pastured sheep plus the pig. So it moves NW-NW-W onto the plains forest. This requires the grassland farm NW of Mind's Desire to be roaded. But in fact we have just enough time to road not only that tile but the other two in the settler's path as well, and therefore we can found this city a turn earlier! So t48 we finish the third road and whip the settler, t49 we found the city alread (and wish we had AH so we could start pasturing the pig).

t49 is also the turn we finish pottery.

Plan revision at Mind's Desire by request of Mackoti who wishes to emphasize commerce:

We whip a worker instead of a settler. The overflow and 2 chops will complete the settler in one turn. Details:

The worker has already half-roaded the grass farm. t43 he finishes that, t44 puts a chop into the roaded plains forest hill (just 1 chopping turn to go now), t45-48 chops the grassland W of Mind's Desire. This chop increases the overflow out of the new worker. Then t49 he finishes the plains hill chop, and with the massive overflow it's enough to finishes the settler. t50 he moves to the river plains and finishes a road there t52.

Meanwhile the new worker (born eot48) goes and roads the wine tile so that the new city will be connected as soon as it's planted, and then cottages the grassland starting t51. on t53 the first worker joins him to complete the cottage right after Mind's Desire grows. Then they can also complete the second cottage by the time MD grows back to size 4. Woot!

It's t49, and I can show the progress on our development plan.

[Image: pb7t49_1.jpg]
Fastbond is starving from 1f to 0f to get that settler out a turn sooner. Also notice I moved the axe back into our border for the turn to save a buck on supply. It's safe because I scouted onto the gold hill with the worker before moving him back to chop, and there are no units within two tiles of the spice forest.

[Image: pb7t49_2.jpg]
Spacetyrantxenu posted a shot of Azza's second city in the public thread, revealing that there is horse NW of it. Still, we're going to settle 1S, to get the immediate benefit of the improved sheep. Border-popping capabilities are next on the list after Animal Husbandry anyway.

[Image: pb7t49_3.jpg]
Here's all the land we've revealed. There is a gems in the southwest (1W of that peak) that got cut off in the shot.

Btw, Spacetyrantxenu (Mao of Native Americans) has overtaken us in power a few turns ago, so we are wary of dog soldier aggression, even though it seems like it would be dumb to come after the number two power.

plako Wrote:Please note that Sevenspirits is very clever. There is a decent chance his remorse is just a ploy to get Xenu lower his defenses.

Perish the thought!

Darrell

Four cities! :2dance:

Think we're the first? We are certainly top in crop yield for the moment; quite an accomplishment given our capital.

[Image: pb7t51_1.jpg]

[Image: pb7t51_2.jpg]

We also have a lock on Longest Road. 15 sequential segments, I don't think anyone can best that.

After I took these shots I talked with Mackoti, and we changed tech to Mysticism and the build in Black Lotus to an axe. When Mysticism is in we will chop a monument there to get started on bringing the horse into our culture.

SevenSpirits Wrote:We also have a lock on Longest Road. 15 sequential segments, I don't think anyone can best that.

[Image: Catan-longroad.JPG]

I'm pretty sure your cities are banned in most formats.

(Yeah it took me this long to realize your capital was named Fastbond. Black Lotus gave it away. Do you have a location in mind for Tolerian Academy?)
Active in:
FFH-20: Jonas Endain of the Clan of Embers
EITB Pitboss 1: Clan/Elohim/Calabim with Mardoc and Thoth

Lurker comments! All you have to do is reference other games, I guess. wink

Sadly, both Tolarian Academy and Ancestral Recall (which I would have liked for the capital) are too long by one letter. This could be rectified by leaving out the space but I prefer not to mar the map with such spelling/kerning atrocities.

So when will you build a road to that corn in your capital? smile