Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess

oledavy Wrote:City 2S of rice looks really pretty.

yeah. Assuming we can get borders to pop somehow. In current situation I would settle besides clams or copper.

That sure is a lot of land. I think we should just settle first ring around capital and then colonize the entire island.

T67

Big settling desicion. I would really like to secure the gems and settle 1S from rice. I could put 3 Archers there and after Masonry walls, but without copper that city is a long time like a sitting duck. Other alternatives are copper cities either 1NE or NE-N from rice.

[Image: civ4screenshot0138.jpg]

Scouting continues:

[Image: civ4screenshot0139.jpg]

I think you discovered Africa. lol

T68

I decided to play it risky and take a stab to get those gems. Short term that city is big drag, but it is also reasonable spot to solidify my border with HAK. With those mountain gives also lot of visibility.

[Image: civ4screenshot0147.jpg]

i like that choice - plug the gap - get some vision out that way so you get some advance warning of an invasion force.
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

Bah, stop running breakeven. frown

waterbat Wrote:i like that choice - plug the gap - get some vision out that way so you get some advance warning of an invasion force.

Waterbat, are you dedlurking anyone this game?

no, i didn't know better and started reading all the threads! Not the best choice for time management with 18 threads to follow (well 17 ... almost 16 now)

dedlurking in PBEM33 (Azza) and PB5 (pin-rag)
--
Best dating advice on RB: When you can't hide your unit, go in fast and hard. -- Sullla

NobleHelium Wrote:Bah, stop running breakeven. frown

lol I'm probably taking this a bit too relaxed.

T70

Couple of shots from this turn. For some reason HAK decided to occupy gems tile (well I know why) that gives me a chance to improve rice. IW is still far away,

Scouting WB found a dead end so wasted a turn there.

[Image: civ4screenshot0156.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot0157.jpg]