For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess

Looks like a three-way canal tile there SE-E of the copper.

NobleHelium Wrote:Looks like a three-way canal tile there SE-E of the copper.

It is. Food or actually resources in general seem to be pretty scarce there.

[Image: civ4screenshot0159.jpg]

Trying to play like a pro for a change. Now utilising binary research lol.

Hey, I'm just checking in. I haven't had much of a chance to follow this game since I've been so busy with work, but it looks like a decent amount has taken place since I last followed your thread. That island looks pretty tasty, at least compared to the rest of your land. Remember that a city on another land mass is worth an extra GPT trade route, so you should probably get a city over there asap. I would probably put it one tile NE of the clams.

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."

Speaker Wrote:Hey, I'm just checking in. I haven't had much of a chance to follow this game since I've been so busy with work, but it looks like a decent amount has taken place since I last followed your thread. That island looks pretty tasty, at least compared to the rest of your land. Remember that a city on another land mass is worth an extra GPT trade route, so you should probably get a city over there asap. I would probably put it one tile NE of the clams.

Good points. I've pretty much settled the sites I want in the main land. Except copper that I might delay even further since HAK's power hasn't been raising. However Xenu's power is raising so I'll send a scout to that direction soonish to get a forewarning in case he is coming towards me. So next city is probably going in the presumable island and NE of clams is good spot or if I need copper fast 1W from copper.

Yeah I totally forgot. We should just forget about the mainland copper and settle the island one. lol

Although actually the island is getting so big I'm starting to think it's not an island after all. There could easily be a connection in the northeast.

I got over my disgust and skimmed the recent developments in the diplo thread. Can we replace Parkin yet, thanks.

T73

Island on our east is almost certainly confirmed. Hut spotted there. I'll hurry up settling it ASAP now. Spot near the copper and clams seems best for the moment. I'll also go for GLH. Might be too late with my terrible production, but had to try it. Would but me in solid position maybe even in top 5 position.

[Image: civ4screenshot0175.jpg]

[Image: civ4screenshot0176.jpg]

T78

Island is starting to look pretty good. If I want to have even remote chance in this game I need to take and keep it. Settler for copper is ready next turn. I've Archer already there for protection and worker also in the Galley.

[Image: civ4screenshot0189.jpg]

My core and my border city defenders. HAK took a shot against my Archer in the forest and won. I've Monument in the border city and after Granary I'll go for Walls. Scout is for popping the hut in the island. Can't take the chance of popping barbs out of it. GLH is my last straw of being somewhat significant nation in this game so I'm doing everything in my power to get it. Feeling a bit like being a Rego in PB4 (only that I don't yet have GLH wink). I've no economy withouth GLH and when I get it there won't be time for growing cottages. It is all about claiming the island as soon as possible.

[Image: civ4screenshot0191.jpg]

Xenu's power is raising to alarmingly high. I really need to build more defenders. HAK has also built some military and for some reason also teched Arcery despite of having copper.

[Image: civ4screenshot0192.jpg]

I'm not doing well, but my neighbors are doing even worse:

[Image: civ4screenshot0194.jpg]

On the other hand there are several nations doing significantly better than me:

[Image: civ4screenshot0195.jpg]

T81

Lost GLH to Rome. It wasn't very close. I might have got it with better MM. Well now I'm basically without economy. MC for Colossus could be an option. Would help also with happiness issues.

[Image: civ4screenshot0216.jpg]

T84

HAK had decided to surprise my sentry Archer and attacked with 2*Archers (0.4% odds) and Swordsman (61%). Last archer and swordman got both only 1 hit in. Pretty bad luck for him. He has 2 workers NW from Axe+Spear stack. I need to think what I want to do now.

[Image: civ4screenshot0218.jpg]

Hut provided 44 gold and IW was finished. Clearly HAK has plans for the iron near his borders (and he already has 1 hooked!) and I probably shouldn't try to interfere even if I just got settler out. My "own iron" is in totally obscene place and there doesn't seem to be iron in the island. Well I could try to settle Fish/Iron near HAK after all. This requires some time to decide.

[Image: civ4screenshot0219k.jpg]