I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess

Beautiful city of Maastricht was founded lol. Despite of only having only 2F1C tile to work it is net positive to the nation at the moment.

[Image: civ4screenshot0233.jpg]

Nice of HAK to "clear" that jungle for you lol

Nah it was already cleared, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to found this turn. I wish he had cleared a jungle tile though. lol

Ouch, HaK has lost 2 workers, a settler, and a bunch of units. That's going to be really tough for him to overcome, being a greener player. Well done, Plako.

Eek, your land is still so bad, but hey, at least you have a river now. smile

"There is no wealth like knowledge. No poverty like ignorance."

Lost 2 sentry Archers to Swordmans this turn.

T87

HAK is retreating and I did get 1st axe out. Feeling a lot more comfortable now. Swordmen with city raider promotions are pretty capable of killing Archers even inside cities. Thinking my next tech and I'm afraid I had to go towards Construction. I would really like to research Metal Casting. Sending some triremes to world tour would be fun and maybe I still have little shot at Colossus. However seeing HAK taking all cheap military techs I'm pretty certain he is going towards that goal too so I need to be able to counter that.

I think HBR is a better idea, even if Construction is more of a economic tech.

HBR and then metal casting could work. Currency is other potential target.

I've been thinking and more I do the more I like Metal Casting. Granted Currency would be better for my economy and HBR/Construction for my safety. However MC would give 2 more happy faces with Forge + Triremes + possibility to land Colossus. It would be a big wonder for me since I'm really behind in my cottage growth curve and I just need to be focusing on production instead of growing cottages, if I want fill up the island fast.

I'm not in a hurry to make a desicion. It will take ~5T to collect the needed gold and also build couple of libraries, but something to consider.

Few shots from current turn.

Core:
[Image: civ4screenshot0241.jpg]

Those western cities need lot of time and resources to become productive. I might have done better waiting HAK to improve the land for me and then trying to capture it. This means that my productive cities in the east just can't focus on anything else, but securing expansion. At least there was happy surprise in the south in the form of 2nd fish resource. Getting it productive takes a quite while since that city needs a border pop to become something. Other good news is that HAK is retreating and I can finally improve gems.

Island:
[Image: civ4screenshot0242.jpg]

In the end pretty lame. No luxury resources and lots of jungle. At least there is almost 1 food resource per city.

Demographics:
[Image: civ4screenshot0243.jpg]

I'm suprisingly high in power here with my pitiful production capabilities. I don't think everyone has invested as much to the military they should. Overall I'm a bit below average in most of the categories.

Overall there seems to be very good land somewhere far away since I haven't met anyone of the top 6 in Score.