For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess

T18

Saved by double move smile. Worker ready next turn. I think I start Settler next and switch to work boat after I get Rice improved and grow to at least size 3 or 4 and whip either WB, Settler or worker.

[Image: civ4screenshot0272.jpg]

T19

Worker ready. Simmed a bit and I think growing to size 4 and then whipping settler is the most efficient way of utilising our 1 extra banana food. So I started WB.

[Image: civ4screenshot0276.jpg]

T20

Growing while building the WB.

[Image: civ4screenshot0694.jpg]

What's your plan for this workboat - just general scouting?

Improve clams for my 2nd city. It will even be 1T too late there, even if I try to max hammers while keeping the
growth rate.

Edit. After reesponding i got enlightened wink. There is no point rushing the city unless I get WB there in time so I'll delay whipping for 1T to get more overflow and WB in place a turn sooner relative to city founding moment.

It might be more efficient to grow faster (work 2/1 forest over 1/2 forest), so that you can start the settler faster. You get more production on the settler because you can build it with food, so that generates hammers for overflow faster for the work boat - a work boat is exactly a 1-pop whip, so if you whip at the end of the 2-pop threshold it'll definitely finish the work boat the turn after.

NobleHelium Wrote:It might be more efficient to grow faster (work 2/1 forest over 1/2 forest), so that you can start the settler faster. You get more production on the settler because you can build it with food, so that generates hammers for overflow faster for the work boat - a work boat is exactly a 1-pop whip, so if you whip at the end of the 2-pop threshold it'll definitely finish the work boat the turn after.

I've counted these things out wink. I'll grow to size 3 and 4 exactly as fast as I would with working rice all the time. There is just less food in the box then. Original plan would have 2 popped settler with insignificant overflow. If I delay settler 1 turn or even 2 turns I'll get significant oveflow that will be better both for finishing WB more timely manner and getting a defender on capital sooner.

T21

Scout found Azza's warrior far in the north and retreated. BW coming in 3.

T22

Terrible copper positioning. At least I've fair shot at claiming the on in the north. I thought about next tech for a long time and I think we can't do without Archery frown. I also considered AH and Wheel. I just don't feel gambler enough to take those paths. I could have horses and Wheel would enable hooking up copper, but I just don't see us founding our 2nd city near the copper. It is far and we don't have a way to pop our borders. Opinions? I can still change our tech path.

[Image: civ4screenshot0708.jpg]

I think I settle the city on the hill so that fish+clam are on the 1st ring. Stronger early game city that way and I coud settle our 3rd city between gold and cows. and 4th to claim copper.