For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Meh. Plako organizing mess

Hallelujah!

I hope that empty tile in the jungle is iron. wink

T54

Scouting a bit more the jungle and occupying a position in the mountain choke to see, if something is coming from HAK direction. Power wise I'm already 4th with my few Archers, just a little behind the leader.

[Image: civ4screenshot0076h.jpg]

What are you planning to tech next? I'm thinking Mysticism and maybe even a religion. I think you'll need culture soon. Anyone take Buddhism yet?

Both early religions are gone.

I'm currently thinking either Mystisicm or Sailing. We've cheap Lighthouses that would be quite useful in 2 of our cities and GLH might make sense.

I'd be in favor of Sailing next if you think we can wait on settling the copper. With horse we could build chariots to stop choke attempts and be pretty safe behind archers in cities. Not that I expect anyone to attack us.

If we do tech Sailing I'd definitely want to go for GLH. We could then tech Iron Working as soon as reasonably possible and settle that island, as well as the resources in the jungle obviously. And maybe there's iron in a better spot than the copper.

That cow/horse in the northeast also looks like a good city spot in the future.

NobleHelium Wrote:I'd be in favor of Sailing next if you think we can wait on settling the copper. With horse we could build chariots to stop choke attempts and be pretty safe behind archers in cities. Not that I expect anyone to attack us.

If we do tech Sailing I'd definitely want to go for GLH. We could then tech Iron Working as soon as reasonably possible and settle that island, as well as the resources in the jungle obviously. And maybe there's iron in a better spot than the copper.

That cow/horse in the northeast also looks like a good city spot in the future.

If it is island, there are room for at least 2 cities that would make GLH very appealing. WB under construction will travel that way to check things out. So tech path could look something like this:
Pottery -> Sailing -> Mystisicm -> Masonry -> IW -> Mathematics

If it seems that Masonry shouldn't be delayed, I could go for it right after Sailing. I don't need urgently Monuments since all of my improvable resources are already inside my borders.

From city management point of view I'll be 2 pop whipping workers/settlers out of my coastal cities with max overflow to Granary, Lighthouse, Archers and scouting WB. inland city has too weak food to crack whip so I let it grow slowly to work grassland hills or alternatively cottaged grassland tiles.

T56

No resources in south-west.

[Image: civ4screenshot0081.jpg]

plako Wrote:T56

No resources in south-west.

Is that LP culture in the jungle to your West?

I've assumed HAK all game long, so haven't even checked wink. That scout near my archer is LP's though.

T57

As you probably moticed from public player thread I kille LP's scout. You also see something very rare i.e. sight of the Great Wall in Pitboss game. It seems that you get the wall visible only, if you're logged in when the turn rolls when it was built. I logged in shortly after this again and the wall had already disappeared.

Great Wall is actually very good wonder in this setup. Great Spy is extremely useful. However I can see that positioning of HAK's 2nd city is far from stellar. Its main virtue is the copper tile unless there is something good in the fogged tiles. I can also see that I pretty much had to settle where my warrior is to get those jungle resources. The land south of them doesn't have anything worthwhile. There are some fogged sea tiles there so sea resources are still possibility.

I did choose Sailing as my next tech, but that might change and also whipped a worker. Overflow will go to Granary and rest of teh overflow will finish Archer.

[Image: civ4screenshot0084.jpg]