I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

--Dogpilers click here-- (PB7 Player Communication Thread)

Nom nom nom fish. smile
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

Tatan Wrote:WE DO NOT SMILE UPON THOSE DIABOLIC WAYS HERE

ANYONE CAUGHT DABBLING IN THE DARK C&D ARTS MUST BE ROUNDED UP AND DESTROYED

C&D? What's that?

HitAnyKey Wrote:C&D? What's that?
"Cloak & Dagger" - this forum's term for the practice of scrutinizing in-game information for changes and trying to deduce what other nations are doing. At the insane end of the scale some folks can tell e.g. how many forests you have in your capital (via Life Expectancy demographics), how many cities you have and how large they are (from watching both in-game info and Civstats like a hawk), or which units have been built and when (via Soldiers). Personally I can't be bothered with most of it because it seems like too much work... but you can certainly gain minor benefits from extreme use of C&D if you don't value your time particularly highly. lol
Lord Parkin
Past games: Pitboss 4 | Pitboss 7 | Pitboss 14Pitboss 18 | Pitboss 20 | Pitboss 21

If anybody can make heads or tales of demographics with 18 people playing then yikes i'm just trying to look at score, but i'm probably going to give up in frustration soon rather than later
Suffer Game Sicko
Dodo Tier Player

Serdoa Wrote:For all those who think we need to play the first turn as fast as possible just for their enjoyment:

1. I play this game for my enjoyment.
2. I play it for the enjoyment of my teammates.

Nowhere in their will you find me playing for your enjoyment. If I should do, pay me for playing. If you don't want that, simply accept that I won't delay any game unnecessarily but that I also won't end a turn early if our team hasn't finally decided on everything which needs to be decided. Because that would destroy my enjoyment.

And for gods sake guys, it is the fucking first turn of this game where you have to decide on tech, build, settling. Is it really asked so much to simply like... wait? I am happy for all of you with an Agri, Mining start with double grassland gems, double wet corn but not everyone is as lucky and some of us might have to discuss how to go on and actually micromanage their shit.

(Yes I am upset, because that is not what I am used to from RB and none of you is my boss, so none of you should feel inclined to tell me how fast I have to "work"...)

I don't think Ilios was serious.

I just wanted to re-iterate that in a couple weeks I will need a sub for 2-3 days or so. I will be away the first weekend of February, so will likely need a sub at least for that Sat/Sun, possibly the Fri or Mon depending on when the turns flip.
If there's anyone out there that would be willing, or anyone knows of someone willing, please let me know.

I'm sure Catwalk will volunteer to play for you, like he volunteered to play for me in PBEM 29 while I was out of town. However, I would recommend you decline. You never know how much mischief a cat can cause in two or three days. nod

[Image: funny-pictures-cat-has-lots-of-toilet-paper.jpg]

Played: Pitboss 18 - Kublai Khan of Germany Somalia | Pitboss 11 - De Gaulle of Byzantium | Pitboss 8 - Churchill of Portugal | PB7 - Mao of Native America | PBEM29 Greens - Mao of Babylon

Tatan Wrote:ANYONE CAUGHT DABBLING IN THE DARK C&D ARTS MUST BE ROUNDED UP AND DESTROYED

QFT

Lord Parkin Wrote:you can certainly gain minor benefits from extreme use of C&D if you don't value your time particularly highly. lol

QFT

NobleHelium Wrote:I don't think Ilios was serious.

QFT

Whose borders are those are settler has espied in the fog?* tongue Hope you kept your warrior home. The Hunter-Gatherer invasion party is on its way.

band

* This is a rhetorical question. No I'm not telling.

I think the earliest circumnavigation award will go to team MackSeven...