For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

--Dogpilers click here-- (PB7 Player Communication Thread)

Don't worry, I didn't feel like settling down right now either. The single life is still a good thing, and need to enjoy it a bit longer while we can. smile

He needs to learn agriculture to get beer though.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

He needs to be careful, though. Wandering once or twice will make him look really cool...

[Image: washington_crossing.jpg]

...but if he reenacts it time and again it just starts to look silly.

[Image: WashingtonCrossingTheDelaware2.jpg]
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:I hearby nominate Lewwyn to scout team 'mids. With ideally two dozen hwatchas or something. Not sure about the thread title there, Lewwyn, can we set bounties on those who complain?

Here's what I am proposing:

This will be CIV4: The Bounty Hunter Variant.

I am currently taking bounties from players. I will get points based on military actions I take in the game. Currently I have this point system in mind:

Killing a unit = 1 point
Capturing a worker = 2 points
Razing a city = 5 points
Capturing a city (and keeping it) = 10 points
Killing a GG = 15 points
Killing a Civ = 100 points

Now this is only part of the system. There are 17 other nations. What I want is for the lurkers to do is assign values for each civ. These values (from 1-5) will be point multipliers. IE: If the Malinese have a value of 3 on their head and I capture a worker from them I get 6 points.

Additionally, there is a 5x limit to the multiplier level and 5 bounty limit per team.

The List:

Sunrise is Genghis of Egypt
Plako is Mehmed of Netherlands 1x (HitAnyKey)
TEAM FFH Hannibal of Mali - 2x (Plako, Sunrise)
Slowcheetah Wang Kon is of Inca
Nakor, Tatan & Serdoa are Darius of Rome 1x (Illios)
Team Googly is Louis of Carthage 1x (ASM)
Pindicator is Lincoln of China
Mack and Seven are Justin of Germany - 3x (Commodore, Moogle, Sunrise)
Catwalk is Shaka of Aztec - 1x (Lewwyn)
Xenu is Mao of Native America
Team Nyan are FDR of Ethiopia 1x (Pindicator)
ASMonkey is Hatty of Mongolia 2x (Pindicator, Sunrise)
Moogle is Peter of England - 1x (Seven)
Yuris is Joao of Persia
HitAnyKey is Brennus of Ottoman 2x (Serdoa, Sunrise)
Azza is Washington of Viking
Meiz is Gandhi of Khmer

I will keep this post updated with the current bounties.

You may notice that I have added a 1x next to Catwalk. I reserve the right to 1 personal bounty. Catwalk is it, for being the most annoying in the PB7 creation thread. :neenernee For the rest, it is up to the players. Remember the limit. I'd like to get a few suggestions up. This is for fun. So if you've been 'wronged' by someone in the game and want to place a bounty go for it! None of this is personal, just business. Consider me your merc. I will likely not attack you if there is no bounty on your head! I'm only in it for the points!

Each person who chooses a target represents one multiplier to the bounty. You will be able to see who places the bounty. Remember: Teams can place up to 5 bounties!

Remember too that I have no idea who I'll be next to. I will most likely be fighting with those nearby, thought the diplo thread opens some possibilities for peaceful passage to a target.

Additionally, bounties may change as the game progresses.

My goal will be to get as many points as possible. I am thinking that one of things I may do is take bets by lurkers on how many points I'll have by the end of the game. I'm also considering having quota's by certain dates or turns. Say by turns 50 I need at least 30 points or something. By 1 AD I need 200 or something. Again, looking for lurker input to define and refine this Bounty Hunter Variant!

I'd also like some player input on the system, or what you guys would like to see, or what you think will work.
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

I see a 3 and not a 5 next to Catwalk...

And I'm pretty sure you're missing some players in that list.

NobleHelium Wrote:I see a 3 and not a 5 next to Catwalk...

And I'm pretty sure you're missing some players in that list.

17 teams except myself.

I decided my personal bounty cannot be more than 3. Unless the group decides he's worth a 5? jive
“The wind went mute and the trees in the forest stood still. It was time for the last tale.”

Thought:

Maybe every bounty starts at 1. Then if I get multiple people asking for the same bounty it escalates the multiplier?

I have updated this into the above bounty post. There are currently two bounties. People may now place other bounties or add to the current bounties.

Commodore Wrote:I hearby nominate Lewwyn to scout team 'mids.

+1 Team mids

SevenSpirits Wrote:I have a proposal for you all: Let there be war against Moogle 'til the end of the game. No peace, not ever. Make him pay for his disrespect.

+1 Moogle

+1 for every metal you get.
In Soviet Russia, Civilization Micros You!

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
“I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.”

It looks like Selrahc's posted in the lurker thread, so he's not allowed to interfere with the game. Am I missing something?