Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

OK, Commodore, unless you have any objections, Blue dot a.k.a. Slite moves 1S. Without any seafood in the northern ocean, there's no reason to ignore the free immediate trade route

Hey, there are still 8 more tiles that could have seafood! Or whales or something.

You mean in the NE? That seafood, if there's any, is intended for another city smile

T32

So, Catwalk was the first to found the second city last turn. My best guess is he opened Warrior-Worker-Settler, I'm sure there was no way for him to get 2 Workers and a Settler ahead of us

Our own Settler was at 97/100 last turn, with a chop coming in. However, I decided to put this chop into a Worker. Because of the forest at the 2nd city spot, which is now being chopped, it doesn't delay the city, which we will found on T34. Meanwhile, the 3rd Worker is half-finished (32/60)

Next turn the Settler will get out, and we will revolt to Slavery. There are no chops coming in, so it's the perfect moment

Not exactly sure what's the best play next. I'm very tempted to start growing, while putting chops into Workers and Settlers. The number of forests is not unlimited, using so many chops before Math seems to be wasteful. But I really want to quickly get at least another Worker and the 3rd city. AH will be done in 4 turns, and the sheep-stone-fish spot is worth to be settled fast

There's no update to the map, the Scout is healing at the moment. Here is the screenshot anyway

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0419.JPG]

T34

Here is our shiny new city, future harbour and trade centre of Gotland

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0420.JPG]

Building another Worker, because why not :P Once the wheat is farmed and the city can grow, it will start growing; I see it mainly as a whipping centre in the early game. For now, putting some hammers into a Worker seems to be a good idea

AH incoming in 3 turns, just in time for the 3rd Worker to finish and move onto the sheep near the capital. The Worker in the south will finish his current chop, then chop 2 more forests, thus producing another Settler

Scout is almost at full health, will be on the move again next turn

City count watch

We have 2 cities, 2nd founded T34

Catwalk - 2 (2nd founded T31)
Sunrise - 2 (2nd founded T34)
Others are on 1 so far

Nice, so Wheel next, then Pottery -> Mysticism -> Masonry, right? I'm completely dead serious, Klintehamn's borders should be popped with the Great Wall. The Great Spy(s) it produces will be great for tech stealing. But, um, the Wheel is probably the most important. Doing the dedlurker due diligence here.

[Image: Danger.JPG]

Um, how's Mr. Meiz doing?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Nice, so Wheel next, then Pottery -> Mysticism -> Masonry, right?

Why Mysticism? We're not going for a religion just yet, and don't really need Monuments

I would say Fishing and Pottery in some order after Wheel. I will post screenshots in the evening, but there is another Galley-acessible overseas land in the NE, I really want to send out scouting Workboats. And Fishing gives pre-req bonus for Pottery. Not sure if going Fishing before Pottery is reasonable, but I definitely want it soon

So Wheel -> (Fishing and Pottery) -> Masonry. I like the idea of popping border with GW

Turn overview: fish and overseas land in the NE, Meiz's Warrior approaches Youshallnot Pass, Lewwyn built Stonehenge

T36

The turn rolled while I was away, so played another one. Not that it brought much new

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0423.JPG]

The fish in NE makes Yellow dot viable. As I mentioned earlier, I very much want to get Fishing and go explore overseas lands

Meiz's Warrior didn't move since the last turn, just stands there looking menacing

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0422.JPG]

Our Warrior is much more menacing though. Just because he doesn't wear a silly dress

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0424.JPG] [Image: Civ4ScreenShot0425.JPG]

City count watch

We have 2 cities, 2nd founded T34

Catwalk - 2 (2nd founded T31)
Sunrise - 2 (2nd founded T34)
TT - 2 (2nd founded T36)
Others are on 1 so far