I am once again asking for the quote of the month to be changed as it is now a new month - Mjmd

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

T40

So Azza is about to die. I'm feeling a little embarrassed our own mighty army

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0431.JPG]

Yeah. Glad we're not being rushed. Semi-isolated start is nice, even if the land is [strike]shit[/strike]far from perfect

Here's the most exciting military action in our region: a stand-off in Youshallnot Pass

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0432.JPG]

Should we try to negotiate a passage for our Scout with Meiz? Or should we just send him to fogbust?

City count watch

We have 2 cities, 2nd founded T34

Elkad - 2 (T31)
Sunrise - 2 (T34)
TT - 2 (T36)
Pindicator - 2 (T37)
SleepingMoogle - 2 (T37)
Plako - 2 (T39)
Mackseven - 2 (captured T40)
Slowcheetah - 2 (T40)
Others are on 1 so far - hope I didn't miss anyone

T41

We're in a little trouble

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0433.JPG]

Our guard in Youshallnot Pass is going to be taken out. Still, it will take Meiz 9 turns to get to the capital, even if he takes the optimal route. The Scout will try to follow Axe's movement. We should be able to have the first Immortal out by that time. But it's scary

No diplomatic attempt? Also, why not retreat?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

I'm making a diplo attempt, but don't have high hopes. Meiz doesn't seem to pay much attention to it, judging by the low post count in the diplo thread

Retreating might've been a good choice, but the Warrior running away from our land doesn't change much, and running towards our land shows Meiz the way to go, which is the last thing we want. I'd like him to have as little idea as possible about which way to go once he enters our peninsula

yuris125 Wrote:Retreating might've been a good choice, but the Warrior running away from our land doesn't change much, and running towards our land shows Meiz the way to go, which is the last thing we want. I'd like him to have as little idea as possible about which way to go once he enters our peninsula

Or you could retreat away from the capital? I'm all in favor of keeping units alive if possible, and not getting them killed needlessly and granting my opponent XP.

The more I think about it, the more I have to agree that not retreating was a mistake frown

Apperently you should have sent this whitehaired, greyclaoked oldie to give the 'you-shall-not pass' more weight wink

Looks like Sunrise got the 3rd city, and managed to grow quite a bit too. Either he has an awesome start, or we're too slow. Don't know how we could've gotten the 2nd Settler out so fast

yuris125 Wrote:Looks like Sunrise got the 3rd city, and managed to grow quite a bit too. Either he has an awesome start, or we're too slow. Don't know how we could've gotten the 2nd Settler out so fast

Eh, it's no biggie, I've seen waaaay better starts than this one in script-generators (see Azza's posted pic), and Sunrise is Imp too. Mostly...um, how long on Immortals?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Wheel will be finished in 2 turns, pasture on horses has been started and is going to be done in 3 turns, then we need to road 2 tiles... I think 6 turns before we can start building them. I'm not sure where Meiz is moving though, his units are not on our side of Youshallnot Pass this turn. I'm sure we have enough time