For a forum that prides itself on trying new things, for the love of all that is novel and interesting, please can we have a new QotM? - Krill

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

T44

Good news

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0442.JPG]

Meiz entered out peninsula with a Warrior, not with an Axe. We're safe jive

Somehow I didn't ask the most important question. How shall we name Magenta dot?

yuris125 Wrote:T4]

Somehow I didn't ask the most important question. How shall we name Magenta dot?

Well, I'm not too sure what the theme is now, since Visby doesn't ring a bell to me.

Never mind, just looked it up. I like the sound of Romakloster, it's a good meaty name. Although since your island, like Gotland, is rather small, if you expand much more after grounding Meiz into the dust you'll have to start finding other fun names smile

I think there are easily enough names. But your intended stone city should be Stenkumla or Stenkyrka..

Commodore told me to name Magenta Dot Hemse, so that's what I did smile

Meanwhile, everything is quiet in the Gotland kingdom. Scout is tracking the progress of Meiz's Warrior. Cities are putting some hammers into Barracks while growing, will start building Immortals asap (i.e. next turn)

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0468.JPG]

I'm struggling to find something interesting to write about. Everything is quiet; Meiz's Warrior is going into the southern tundra, away from our territory. 2 of our 3 cities even have garrisons now lol Next turn there will be a T50 overview, that's something smile

T50

Our empire still consists of 3 cities. Don't think anyone has more yet

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0477.JPG]

Cities

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0478.JPG]

Visby will finish the Immortal, then 2pop-whip a Settler, with the help of a chop, and overflowing into a Granary. I need to make sure the Settler doesn't go over 54 hammers to make it a 2pop-whip (1 pop gives 45 hammers into Settler for an Imp leader). The plan then is to regrow onto cottages, and give the mines over to Hemse

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0479.JPG]

Slite will also work cottages as soon as they're available

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0480.JPG]

Hemse will switch to a Granary next turn, then finish the Barracks and start building Immortals

Pottery is going to finish at the end of this turn, then we'll start Masonry (the game shows 7 turns, maybe we'll be able to shave a turn off that). I suggest going for Mysticism after that and settling Red Dot as the 5th city - I'm starting to feel we need copper

Demos

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0481.JPG]

yuris125 Wrote:Pottery is going to finish at the end of this turn, then we'll start Masonry (the game shows 7 turns, maybe we'll be able to shave a turn off that). I suggest going for Mysticism after that and settling Red Dot as the 5th city - I'm starting to feel we need copper

Concur, and it's not too bad to help grow capital cottages. Chopping out GW as soon as stone gets hooked up?
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

Commodore Wrote:Chopping out GW as soon as stone gets hooked up?

That's the plan, yes. I'm keeping forests in Klintehamn's BFC intact for now to make sure we get it if it's still available by that time

T53

Meiz's Warrior sneaked towards our borders along the eastern coast, outside of Scout's vision

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0491.JPG]

The Immortal will stop him from scouting inside our territory

Settler is ready to be whipped next turn, a Worker is on the way to start pasturing the sheep

T54

Tried to double-move Meiz and kill his Warrior, but lost an 80% battle. That's ok, a new Immortal will be ready in 2 turns