Where can I find the current QOTM? - Charriu

Create an account  

[SPOILERS] Joao "can't think of a fancy thread name" of Persia. yuris125 & Commodore

Hmm, you're right. I'm used to popping huts immediately in single player, but I'd rather not die to a bad dice roll in a Pitboss smile

Commodore Wrote:So, sahib, I log in, I notice something very interesting:

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG]

Apparently we're on some sort of isthmus. Which is good for the first sixty turns, and bad for the rest as we stagnate without a lot of land. I really, really hope there are no Vikings around.

How could you tell the N and W were Salt Water?

The usual "hover mouse over a tile and see if it says Fresh Water", I guess

yuris125 Wrote:The usual "hover mouse over a tile and see if it says Fresh Water", I guess

Yep, that's how to do it...which makes me think, Yuri, is that southernmost desert hill next to freshwater or more ocean?

I hope the lake is lighthouse-accessible, because we aren't exactly rolling in food here...or any resources, actually. Beyond trees. There are certainly lots and lots of trees. I guess where Chester is now might be a decent Moai location if we find stone. We kinda got a weird start, actually. If we were Fin I'd say turtle up, cottage, and tech, as it is, we might need to Immortalize ourselves some more expansion room.
If only you and me and dead people know hex, then only deaf people know hex.

I write RPG adventures, and blog about it, check it out.

It's salt water all around, except the lake we already know about

Yeah, more resources would be nice. I really don't see a good city place in SW, which is the direction where we should expand if we want more territory. Is it time to start complaining about the mapmaker already? lol

T3

Tile bleed looks like we have tundra in the south

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0383.JPG]

yuris125 Wrote:T3

Tile bleed looks like we have tundra in the south

And I think we need some sort of "accident clock" style counter:

Turns since finding 5-food tiles: 3.

Hey, a plains wheat which is irrigatable after Civil Service is not too bad smile

T4

You mentioned stone?

[Image: Civ4ScreenShot0384.JPG]

I'm going to bring Scout north and pop the hut the turn after discovering Mining. If we get lucky, we want to get seriously lucky smile The Warrior will continue to move south and go explore the west. I didn't want to let him go too far away from the capital, but now we know that west is the only direction where the danger can come from, and barbs won't start entering our borders any time soon. So I feel safe to let the Warrior explore for a little bit longer

yuris125 Wrote:You mentioned stone?

Sweet! A 5-yield tile!

Whatever else I was babbling about, it also occurs to me that with spies and barbarians on the Great Wall would be a great build...one worth falling behind on tech for, actually, as the 3000 EP that a Great Spy would get us sure covers a lot of stolen techs.